Available formats: epub, mobi, pdf, rtf, lrf, pdb, txt
Name: René Wen Suen Chang
Address: 7 College Gardens
London SE21 7BE
Degrees and Qualifications:
BSc (Special) Physiology, King's College, University of London
MB BS, Westminster Medical School, University of London
F.R.C.S. (England), Royal College of Surgeons (England)
Master of Surgery, University of London
Awards: Entrance Scholarship to Westminster Medical School
Federal Scholarship (Malaysian Government)
Bernard Sunley Research Fellowship, RCS (England)
Director, Useful and Fun Things Limited
1. Founding Director of Transplantation, St George’s Hospital, London
2. Lecturer/Senior Registrar, Academic Surgical Unit, St Mary's Hospital, London
3. Consultant Surgeon, Riyadh Military Hospital, Saudi Arabia
4. Clinical Tutor (Postgraduate/undergraduate), King Faisal University, Damman, King Saud University, College of Medicine, Riyadh
5. Consultant Transplant Surgeon, St Helier Hospital, Carshalton, Surrey
6. Scientific Advisor/Consultant to 2nd Consensus Conference of the European Society of Intensive Care, Fujisawa GmbH, Eli Lilly, Hoffman La Roche, Glaxo-Wellcome, Qinetiq, Intensive Care National Audit and Research Centre, UK,
7. Chairman, South Thames Transplant Group - 1992-1994
8. Visiting Professor, George Washington University, Washington DC
Teaching Experience (Undergraduate and Postgraduate):
King’s College, Strand, University of London
St Bartholomew's, Westminster, St Mary’s Hospitals Medical Schools, London, UK
King Saud University Medical School, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
King Faisal University Colleges of Medicine, Al Khobar, Damman, Saudi Arabia
Conferences and Workshops (Organised):
Monthly Nutrition Support Service Workshop 1980-89
International Symposium on Intensive Care. Riyadh 1982
2nd International Middle East Symposium on Organ Transplantation Riyadh, 1984
Nutritional Care of the Critically Ill Patient. International Symposium at Riyadh 1987
Symposium on End-stage Renal Disease and Renal Transplantation at Riyadh 1988
Symposium - Practical Problems in Transplantation, St George’s Hospital, London, 1996
Societies: British Transplantation Society
British Medical Association
Intensive Care Society (U.K.)
European Society of Intensive Care
Society of Critical Care Medicine
American Federation for Clinical Research
Publications and presentations:
Peer reviewed articles and chapters in books on tumour immunology, renal transplantation, surgical nutrition, surgical audit, intensive care, and disaster response planning.
Interviewed by international (Germany, Austria, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, USA, Canada), national (UK) and local radio (London, Scotland), television stations (BBC Today, GMTV, BBC News 24, Cologne TV) and newspapers (Times, Independent, Guardian, Telegraph, Evening Standard, Daily and Sunday Express, Daily Mail, Sun, Stern, Frankfurt Zeitung, Straits Times, Sydney Morning Herald).
I scripted, directed, and produced the following educational videos:
“A day in the life of a Nutrition Support Service”.
“Renal transplantation in Saudi Arabia”.
“Carry On Feeding”.
I designed and wrote the following computer software programs:-
Editorial Office Manager Version 1.0. 1984.
Nutrition Support Service Manager Version 2.0. 1986.
Riyadh ICU Program Version 2.30 2004
Renal Data Manager Version 3.0 2009