Mirsad Becirbasic was born in 1952 in Sarajevo. He graduated in Philosophy and Sociology from the Faculty of Philosophy in Sarajevo and completed his postgraduate studies in Literature at the Sorbonne in Paris.
From 1972 to 1982 he published:
- a collection of poems Pojiliste jelena (Where the Deer Drink), which won the
Trebinje Nights of Poetry Award.
- a collection of poems Nausnice od tresanja (Cherry Earrings)
- a lyrical novel Pticodrom (Birdport)
- a collection of poems Sakupljac leptirova (Butterfly Collector)
- a collection of poems Skrinja (The Chest)
From 1982 to 1992
- Izabrane price stanovnika Perucice (Selected Stories of the People of Perucica)
- a collection of poems Druga ljubav (Other Love)
- a collection of poems Skola baleta (The Ballet School)
- a collection of poems Kako ja zelim, kako ja hocu (As I Wish, as I Will)
- a collection of poems Sunce na rolama (Sunshine on Roller Skates)
From 1992 to 2002
He received the US Fund for Free Expression Award.
- published the novel Jedna i jedina za Edina (Edin’s One and Only)
From 2002 to 2012
- a collection of poems Svilena ajkula (Silk Shark)
- a collection of stories and poems Veseli casovi (The Cheerful Lessons)
He received the Little Prince Award.
This was followed by the Kocicevo pero Award (Kocic's Pen)
- a collection of poems and stories Ko prije do mene dobit ce pricu i pjesmu
od mene (The One Who Comes to Me First Will Get a Story and a Poem)
He received the Bosnia and Herzegovina Writers' Association Award, and the Golden Olive Award in Bar in Montenegro.
- a collection of poems Djaci junaci (Pupils as Main Characters) co-authored with
The book received the Writers' Association Award.