Available formats: epub, mobi, pdf, rtf, lrf, pdb, txt
Allan P. Sand
Santa Clara, CA
PBIA (Professional Billiards Instructor Association) and ACS (American Cue Sports) billiards instructor for ten years.
My playing and competitive experience goes back over 50 years.
I love the give and take of competitive sports and enjoy helping others improve their playing and thinking skills.
The books I have published on Smash Words include:
• Psychology of Gamesmanship – How to Manage Mind Games & Tricks – Identifies more than 80 sharks and how to prevent your opponent from using them. Also applicable to other team (football, basketball, soccer) and individual (pool, tennis, darts) sports.
• The Art of War versus the Art of Pool – The philosophy of pool as defined by Sun Tzu, the Chinese general who wrote about applied warfare, 2500 years ago.
• The Art of Politics & Campaigning - an easy road map to success in competition against others for a valued position.
• The Art of Team Coaching - how Sun Tzu would coach coaches, including specifics on team and individual training.
• The Art of Personal Competition - how Sun Tzu would guide your development as a team player.
• Kitchen God’s Guide for Single Guys – a humorous cooking book for bachelors
BOOKS that are not available on Smashwords (file size too big):
• Table Map Library - free on the billiardgods web site. 3,100+ cue ball paths and patterns. For advanced One Pocket and 9 Ball players.
• Drills & Exercises for Pool & Pocket Billiards – progressive practices to improve your game, skills, and abilities.
• Safety Toolbox – the defensive tools needed to advance your offensive game. Includes drills, tactics, strategies, and precision ball control drills.
• Advanced Cue Ball Control Self-Testing Program – Find out if you are an “A” player now and what it takes to get there.
• Cue Ball Control Cheat Sheets – the shortcuts that show how to use precise cue ball speed and spin to get position anywhere on the table.
Also available are the following videos, which can be rented or purchased on Amazon and on the billiardgods web site:
• Secrets of One Rail Kicks - simple calculations about how to figure out short and long rail kicks to another ball on the table.
• Secrets of Shooting with Spin - two techniques that describe how to use side spin on the cue ball (with accuracy).
• Kicking to a Bib Ball - opens your eyes on the many ways to kick to a ball near a rail or in a corner.
• Easy 9 Ball Safeties - examples in regular and slow motion on how to make sure your opponent cannot run out the table.
My books on team sports and politics evolved through decades of experience and observation in those fields.