Wisdom of the Ages At Your Fingertips: 6,500 Quotes from over 1,000 of History's Greatest Minds
Provides easy access to timeless knowledge from over 1,000 of history’s greatest American, European and Asian Minds. Over 6,500 carefully selected quotations, sayings and ideas, some quite rare, are intuitively organized into 81 major subjects. Each subject is consistently divided into 7 sections. You can find excellent ideas, clearly expressed, on any subject, with pinpoint accuracy and ease. More
Provides easy access to timeless knowledge from over 1,000 of history’s greatest American, European and Asian Minds. Over 6,500 carefully selected quotations, sayings and ideas, some quite rare, are intuitively organized into 81 major subjects. Each subject is consistently divided into 7 sections. You can find excellent ideas, clearly expressed, on any subject, with pinpoint accuracy and ease.
Originally released as computer program in 1988 "Wisdom of the Ages" has been favorably reviewed in USA TODAY, SUCCESS MAGAZINE, COMMUNICATIONS BRIEFINGS, and many more. With our content rich selections, reviewers say you will:
"...communicate ideas brilliantly..."
"...add spark to your writing..."
"...be more persuasive when speaking..."
"...get the point across more effectively..."
"...[view] 5,000 years of Great Thought..."
"... find best selection of relevant quotes..."
“Wisdom of the Ages” differs from other books of quotations in three significant ways:
1) The 81 major subjects come from systems of knowledge that have reached us from antiquity. For example, the major subject of CHARACTER includes minor subjects such as Dignity, Ethics, Honor, Integrity and Reputation. This arrangement results in fewer subjects, and enables you to find more of what you’re looking for in one place. Although most subjects like ANGER, BEAUTY, COURAGE, HOPE, TRUTH, POWER etc. will be familiar, we’d like to call your attention to the subjects of CREATION, THE ETERNAL, SOUL and NON-BEING which are not usually covered in other quotation books.
2) Each subject is consistently divided into the following seven sections:
1. Essence - Root, Heart.
2. Opposites - Balance, Change, Paradoxes.
3. Insight - Perspective, Viewpoint.
4. Positive - Aspects, Influences, Presence, Qualities, and Virtues.
5. Negative - Aspects, Influences, Absence, Qualities, and Vices.
6. Advice - Strategy, Suggestions, Helpful Information.
7. Poetry - Verse
This enables you to read 80% fewer quotes and still find the best one for your purpose.
3) More quotations than usual come from non-western and ancient sources.
Quotes older than 900 years: 1,837
Quotes two lines or less : 3,936
Quotes from 1776 to present: 2,361
Quotes from Americans: 1,115
Quotes from Native English Speakers: 3,316
Quotes form Europeans or Asians: 3,214
The wisdom of the wise and the experience of ages
may be preserved by quotation.
The superior man acquaints himself with many
sayings of antiquity and many deeds of the past,
in order to strengthen his character thereby.
I Ching (B.C. 1150?)
We see then how far the monuments of wit and learning are more durable than the monuments of power, or of the hands. For have not some books continued twenty-five hundred years or more, without the loss of a syllable or letter; during which time infinite palaces, temples, castles, and cities have been decayed and demolished?