List of Completed Works by Lenny Everson
(As of April, 2102, over 9600 copies of Lenny's works have been downloaded.)
• Death On a Small, Dark Lake. 67,700 words. Our hero snags a body in a remote lake.
• Death on a Rocky Little Island 71,500 words. Our hero convinces a friend to take a canoeing trip to the 30,000 islands.
• Mount Moriah 50,000 words. A strange sequence events involves a priest, a poet, a CSIS agent, a space alien, four horny teens, among others. My most fun fiction.
• Last Exit to Pine Lake. 45,000 words. A dying writer goes back into the bush to off himself. Grimly literary. My best fiction.
• Granite and Dry Blood. 9,700 words. Our hero wants to write a book on Massassauga Park. Various people would prefer that he didn’t.
• Death on a Foggy Spring Portage. 11,800 words. One member of a paddling group is found dead on a muddy portage.
• Murder on a Foggy Spring Portage. One member of a paddling group is found dead on a muddy portage.
• Louis Riel and Gabriel Dumont. Ghosts of the two Métis leaders meet in today’s world to remember their lives. A short (20-minute) play for two actors.
Full-Length Poetry Books
• The Minor Odyssey of Lollie Heronfeathers Singer. A middle-aged woman tries to connect with her aboriginal ancestry.
• In The Tavern of Lost Souls. Four poets meet at a grungy bar once a month to give their poetic answers to random questions.
• Love in a Canoe. A set of five chapbooks and a songbook about the love of canoeing. With illustrations.
• Louis Riel and Gabriel Dumont are Dead. Ghosts of the two Métis leaders meet in today’s world to remember their lives. Includes the play.
• Encounter in a Small, Old Cemetery. Autumn. Midnight. Poet visits a small, old private graveyard. Best poem I ever wrote.
• Fire and Ashes. Poems about life’s flames and regrets.
• The Empty Tarmac of a Long-Abandoned Airport. Poems about having a midlife crisis.
• Love Poems A compilation
• Pray for Me: 22 Poems Probably Slandering God and Jesus
• Ballads from an Unlucky Fisherman: Poems from a fisherman
• Tweetable Limericks. 60 limericks small enough to be tweets
• Hiking Poems.
Co-Authored Poetry Chapbooks
• Who Would Be a God? Susan Ioannou and Lenny debate the merits of being a god.
• How to Dance Naked in the Moonlight. Katherine L. Gordon (Celtic pagan) and Lenny (skeptic) confront the ceremony.
• Cats and Dogs. With I. B. Iskov
• For Ko Aye Aung: A Plea for His Release from Prison. For Amnesty International, with other poets.
• If You Condemn Gays: The Bible on Homosexuality and Other Items.
• The Architecture of Suburban West Kitchener. A light look at house styles.
• The Architecture of The University of Waterloo. A light look at the campus buildings.
• Making Tourist Attractions for Towns and Small Cities. Advice.
• Technological Solutions to Global Warming.
• Hyphens: A Guide for the Early Twenty-First Century.
• Colons and Semicolons: A Guide for the Early Twenty-First Century.
• How to Review Draft Technical Writings
• Rebecca’s Trail (Grand River Trail) in Winter
• 7 Temples to Bill Gates: a modern mystery
• The Great God Pan - or Not
• Two in a Tent: Camping Humor.
• Why Haven't Aliens Contacted us?
• Dance Songs for Weddings Available on Smashwords
• Canoe Songs. part of a set of six chapbooks about the love of canoeing. With illustrations.. Available on Smashwords
• 18 Dingbat Songs for Kids Available on Smashwords
Where to buy in print
Mother Earth What a Life You've Had!
This book summarizes most of the known hazards life on planet Earth has encountered since it began. These include volcanoes, comets, asteroids, and unknown causes of major and minor extinctions.
Ally Oop Through the Ulysses Trees
A comic tale of men and their complete inability to come to terms with the three most confusing things in their universe; women, politics, and space aliens.
A nature guide for a section of Ontario's Grand River Trail.
Thirteen songs for people who like canoeing.
Dance Songs for Weddings
This is a small set of new songs to be used at wedding receptions when the newly married couple is dancing.
These are limericks that are short enough (less then 140 characters) to be sent as a Tweet on the Twitter application.
Death on a Foggy Spring Portage
On an early spring canoe trip, our hero, Ted, finds the body of Hughie, drowned in a mudhole on the portage trail. Because the electronic organizer Hughie always carried is missing. Ted wonders if someone killed him.
Death on a Rocky Little Island
Two guys canoe out among the 30,000 islands in Georgian Bay. It's supposed to be a guy weekend, but it turns out some of the locals don't want them there.
Death on a Small, Dark Lake
Win Szczedziwoj is a would- be escapee from society for a few days. Just him and his canoe. But his solitude comes to an abrupt end when his fishing line comes up with a boot - with a body still in it.
Granite and Dry Blood
A short canoeing adventure set in Ontario's Massassauga Provincial Park. With canoes, a bear, a nuke, a B-52 and a guy with a gun.
At less than 10,000 words, this is perfect for someone with limited time or a short attention span.