Marshall J. Pierce
I grew up in Vermont, although I was born in Ohio. The Ohio fact is Important if you are a Real Vermonter, which I am not. You have to be third generation, I believe, in order to attain that title. To everyone else in the world, I am from Vermont. Uninteresting Fact: Vermonters are the only people who use the term "Vermonter"
But I digress. This collection of shorts represent a portion of the stories I have written about growing up. So there's a lot of Vermont in this book. Not the pretty leaf, gay marriage, Howard Dean, stone fence, Robert Frost version of Vermont.. Mind you, my version does not include marriage nor Howard Dean.
Streaks of my tragic naivete aside, these stories are intended to be light and entertaining.
The entire collection is available as an 18-story book called NO BULL (named after one of the shorts.) You can sample some of the stories for free. With any luck you'll be enticed to part with $3, buy the whole book, and I can quit working for The Man.
...actually, since I still have the day job and I am a manager I guess that technically makes ME the man, but I don't think of myself like that.
Either way, please enjoy. And make contact. Feedback is greatly appreciated, positive and neg.
Where to find Marshall J. Pierce online
Grand Theft Auto
Your family's treasured blue Chevy Cavalier has been stolen. You're to blame, but you have no idea how. What do you do? Escape!
It's Not a Tuba
1) Life was relentlessly embarrassing as a kid
2) I played a number of instruments but never got to play tuba
3) I only pretended to care about things most of the time
4) Innocent but not innocent
5) Being a band teacher must be terrible
Ducks Can't Get Rabies
1) I had a pet duck
2) He wasn't particularly well socialized
3) He was accused of spreading rabies
Spinning a Tail
1) squirrels are bad
2) guns are good
3) hoarding is bad
4) cleanliness is important
5) life is just funny as hell
6) you should respect thine enemies
7) my family was ridiculous
1) I once owned a mean fish
2) broken bones hurt but are funny
3) drugs are good
4) pratfalls are funny
5) most embarrassing public moment not witnessed by anyone I know
6) people don't like the homeless
Marshall J. Pierce’s tag cloud