Tony Klarich has been a water skiing innovator for over 25 years. He has invented about 100 tricks on a slalom ski, sit down hydrofoil, kneeboard, and wakeboard. In competition Klarich has garnered 10 national and world titles.
“The guy who can ski on anything” took to the water for his 40th birthday, completing 40 miles on 41 different devices while performing 275 different tricks. Guinness World Records declined to recognize the one-day feat saying it was, “a little too specialized for a body of reference as general as ours.” Undaunted, he plans to break his own record on his 50th birthday with 50 different items in one day, with one of the items being the Guinness book itself!
As a 17-year member of the Screen Actors Guild he has appeared in numerous videos, TV commercials, and movies. He has also written over 300 feature and instructional articles for magazines worldwide.
Klarich is the nephew of Mike Murphy (co-inventor of the kneeboard and sit down hydrofoil), and is the grandson of Mary Murphy (who skied to Catalina and back every year since turning 80).
He is married with one son.
PRODUCER / DIRECTOR
• Producer: Flight Worlds (1996-2003) hydrofoiling world championships
• Director: Hyperlite Wakeboards Amateur Tour 1996-97. Organized over 200 events, created “Tournament in a Box” template for grassroots wakeboard tournaments
• Video Director/Videographer/Script: Hyperlite Boarding School 1 & 2 / Hyperlite Twin Tail Ride Guide, 1998 Flight Worlds, Flight Worlds 2000
WRITER / PUBLISHER
• More than 300 articles published worldwide. Mostly water skiing instructional and feature stories in Water Ski Magazine, Wakeboarding Magazine, Trailer Boats, Flight World & numerous international publications.
• Publisher: FLIGHT WORLD HYDROFOILING (1997-2001)
• Author: Hot Dog Water Skiing
TV & VIDEO
Nabisco Better Cheddar, Stanley Tools, Michelob Dry, Juicyfruit Gum, Ford Trucks, Selsun Blue, TV Host of “On the Water” & Many More!
Where to find Tony Klarich online
Adventures in Water Skiing: Part 1, Hot Dogging
(5.00 from 1 review)
By Tony Klarich
Published: December 12, 2010.
Tony Klarich, well known pioneer and innovator, recounts his journey to notoriety as the world’s premier hot dog water skier. From the Long Beach Marine Stadium to the Parker Strip of the Colorado River and beyond, Klarich achieved water skiing fame with the help of his uncle Mike Murphy and the promotions of Herb O’Brien.
Includes scores of classic photos and video links.
4-Steps to Water Skiing Success
By Tony Klarich
You set the price!
Published: September 11, 2010.
This 4-Step approach to learning new tricks behind the boat has been an indispensable part of my training and teaching for over 30 years. Now it's available to you!
This easy to follow program helps you to have fewer falls while increasing consistency, no matter what you ride. Wakeboarders, foilers, and anyone else who throws big moves will benefit from this time tested method.
Tony Klarich’s tag cloud