As one of the non-fiction genre's most successful authors, Stacey Chillemi enjoys an ever-expanding and tremendously loyal following.
My books regularly appear on Amazon’s best-seller lists and have sold more than 50,000 copies. The most recent original paperback, The Complete Herbal Guide: Heal Your Body Naturally and Maintain Optimal Health Using Alternative Medicine, Herbals, Vitamins, Fruits and Vegetables (December 2012) debuted at # 1 on Amazon’s best-seller list and has been rated five stars from numerous readers who purchased the book.
My first published book, Epilepsy You’re Not Alone in 1998, helped millions of people understand and cope with their disorder enabling them to live a happy, healthy and productive life. Since that time, I have published numerous non-fiction and fiction books including The Complete Herbal Guide: A Natural Approach to Healing the Body, Epilepsy and Pregnancy: What Every Woman Should Know, Co-authored by Dr. Blanca Vasques, M.D., Faith, Courage, Wisdom, Strength and Hope, Natural Cures for Common Conditions and The Secrets of Happiness and Success: The Power Of Positive Thinking.
My love affair with non-fiction and with health genre in general, began during my junior year of college when I was faced by numerous obstacles due to my epilepsy disorder. Hoping and praying that I would be able to finish college and not let my epilepsy disorder get the best of me, I decided to research my disorder hoping to find out more about my disorder and ways to cope with it.
Sadly, there were not many books written about epilepsy during that era. The few books written were by doctors and the medical terminology flew right over your head. Determined to find the answers to my questions, “How can I graduate college when I am constantly having seizures?”, “How can I become a success in life and not let epilepsy destroy my hopes and dreams?”, “How do people with epilepsy cope with their disorder?”
I decided to write an article to epilepsy foundation and asked them to publish it. I wanted to learn how others coped with their disorder. I received hundreds of letters from all over the United States and Canada. I decided to use the knowledge I gained to help myself and others by writing a self-help book called, Epilepsy You’re Not Alone. Writing that book changed my life. Letters poured out from readers thanking me for writing the book. I never realized how powerful words could be. My greatest gift was not figuring out how to help myself, it was being able to help others who struggled from the same problem. There is no greater gift in life than the gift of giving.
I graduated college, received an Associate’s Degrees in Business, and then went on to receive a Bachelor Degree in Marketing and Advertising, but in the end, I changed my career choice to journalism. I graduated Richard Stockton College in 1996.
I began writing seriously in 1994, penning the manuscript that would become Epilepsy You’re Not Alone. I held many jobs during those first years as a writer, finally settling in (much to our delight) to write full time in 2000.
I am an active member in my community and I help organizations in New Jersey. I have written features for journals and newspapers. My articles have appeared in dozens of newspapers and magazines in North America and abroad. I won an award from the Epilepsy Foundation of America in 2002 for my help and dedication to people with epilepsy.
Born in 1972, I was born in New York and I live in New Jersey with my husband Michael, and my three children, Michael, Alexis and Anthony. The family pets include two Shih Tzu’s, Rocco and Princess, and two birds Elmo and Tweedy.
When I am not writing, I chase after my three Shih Tzu’s, takes long walks, hit the gym, and goes to all my kids’ football, soccer, wrestling, basketball and cheerleading practices and games.
Stacey Chillemi graduated from Richard Stockton College in Pomona, New Jersey, majoring in marketing and advertisement. In the mid-nineties while in college, she began her first book, Epilepsy: You’re Not Alone. It was published six years later. Before and after graduation in 1996, she worked in New York City for NBC. Since the birth of her children, she has been a freelance journalist.
She has written features for journals and newspapers. Her articles have appeared in dozens of newspapers and magazines in North America and abroad. She won an award from the Epilepsy Foundation of America in 2002 for her help and dedication to people with epilepsy.
My Web Sites: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/staceychil
BOOKS PUBLISHED BY STACEY CHILLEMI:
1. The Complete Herbal Guide: A Natural Approach to Healing the Body
2. How to Live Comfortably with Asthma
3. Epilepsy You're Not Alone
4. Eternal Love: Romantic Poetry Straight from the Heart
5. My Mommy Has Epilepsy (Children's Book)
6. My Daddy Has Epilepsy (Children’s Book)
7. Keep the Faith: To Live and Be Heard from the Heavens Above (poetry book)
8. Live, Learn, and Be Happy with Epilepsy
9. Epilepsy and Pregnancy: What Every Woman Should Know
Co-authored by Dr. Blanca Vasques
10. Faith, Courage, Wisdom, Strength and Hope
11. How to Be Wealthy Selling Informational Products on the Internet
12. How to Become Wealthy in Real Estate
13. How to Become Wealthy Selling Ebooks
14. Life’s Missing Instruction Manual: Beyond Words
15. How To Become Wealthy Selling Products on The Internet
16. Breast Cancer: Questions, Answers & Self-Help Techniques
17. How Thinking Positive Can Make You Successful: Master The Power Of Positive Thinking
18. Beginners Tips for Horse Training: What Every Horse Trainer Should Know
19. Natural Cures for Common Conditions: Learn How to Stay Healthy and Help the Body Using Alternative Medicine, Herbals, Vitamins, Fruits and Vegetables
20. The Ultimate Guide to Living Longer and Feeling Younger
21. How to Buy a Home Using a VA Loan: What Every Home Buyer Should Know
STACEY CHILLEMI STORIES AND POETRY HAVE BEEN PUBLISHED IN:
• Chicken Soup for the Recovering Soul
• Chicken Soup for the Shoppers Soul
• Whispers of Inspiration
• Book Signing at Borders in Freehold, New Jersey for Faith, Courage, Wisdom, Strength and Hope” – July 2009
• Writer for Neurology Now Magazine (The Academic Academy of Neurology – The Epilepsy Column) February 2010
• February 2010, Wrote an article about Epilepsy & Menstruation with Dr. Devinsky (Epileptologist from NYU)
• H.O.P.E. Mentor, for the Epilepsy Foundation
• Speaker at different events for schools, organizations, political events
• Spoke in front of Congress in Washington for employment discrimination for people with epilepsy
• Appeared on four talk shows to discuss epilepsy focusing on the importance of understanding epilepsy, how to help someone having a seizure and giving people with epilepsy encouragement and hope for the future.
• Appeared on radio stations discussing epilepsy
• Appeared on the Michael Dressor Show – Health Radio
• Appeared in newspapers all over New Jersey such as, The Leader, Belleville Post and the Star Ledger.
• June 26, 2002, I was honored an award by the Epilepsy Foundation of New Jersey for Outstanding Volunteer Award.
• Received awards in my achievements and certificates in recognition for outstanding efforts in trying to improve society.
• Active participant in organizations and activities.
• Published over 400 articles.
• Author has a dynamic personality and strong public speaking skills.
Stockton College, Pomona NJ
• Speaker at different events for schools, organizations, political events
• Associate Degree in Business
• BA in Marketing
• Minor in Advertising
• Journalist for The Journal Magazine
• Worked for NBC on Dateline
• Channel 4 News
• Today Show
• Managing Editor for the Fashion Magazine UZURI.
• Own Freelance Company
Web sites: http://www.authorsden.com/staceydchillemi
Where to find Stacey Chillemi online
Where to buy in print
VideosMy Daddy Has Epilepsy
My Daddy Has Epilepsy uses lively, subversive illustrations to show how to understand what epilepsy is and what to do if someone is experiencing a seizure. This picture book is sure to elicit a clear understanding and opportunity to eliminate children's fear of epilepsy from all who read it.The Love of a Child
A beautiful poem by by Stacey Chillemi
Detoxify/Rejuvenate: Learn How You Can Improve Your Health By Detoxifying Your Body
This program is designed to be easily incorporated into our busy schedule while providing all the practical tools necessary to support and rejuvenate our bodies. The effect is transformative: nagging health problems will suddenly disappear, extra weight will drop away, and for the first time in our lives, we will experience what it truly means to feel healthy.
Learn How To Become Wealthy Selling Ebooks
Epublishing is becoming today's future. Learn How to Become Wealthy Selling Ebooks helps individuals become wealthy at creating and selling ebooks. This book is necessary for any perspective ebook entrepreneur.
GANGS: How to Keep Your Children Away from Gangs, Drugs & Violence
This book is geared toward parents trying to keep their kids away from gangs, drugs and violence, gang members who are looking for a way out, or readers who just want to learn about gangs and how to keep kids away from gangs, drugs and violence. information about gang
Asthma: Clear Answers and Smart Advice for Someone Diagnosed with Asthma
This book is an overview of asthma a disease that afflicts millions of people worldwide.
Most important the book goes into detail about triggers and how to avoid them. The book also discusses other important topics such as, asthma caused by allergens and environmental pollutants. These topics are identified, along with suggestions for avoiding or alleviating them.
Live, Learn and Be Happy with Epilepsy
The techniques in "Live, Learn and Be Happy with Epilepsy," will help you build the inner power to do anything or become anything you want in life. The approaches in this book for dealing with epilepsy will enable you to reform a better direction in your everyday life.
The Adventures of Covenant Cove
Valarie and Monica, two best friends, decide to meet their friends at a popular hangout that they have never been to before, driving there on a Friday night, they get lost and witness a murder and they are framed by the murderer for a crime they did not commit in an abandoned gasoline station deep in the Colorado wilderness.
The Complete Herbal Guide: A Natural Approach to Healing the Body Naturally
The Complete Herbal Guide: A Natural Approach to Healing the Body is essential reference book for anyone interested in maintaining optimal health and overcoming disease. The book contains concise and comprehensive listings of over 175 herbs and conditions. The book has quick and easy references to all the information you need to maintain excellent health the natural way.
The Secret to Happiness & Success: Master the Power of Positive Thinking
The Secret: How Positive Thinking Can Bring You Happiness & Success can change your life. It contains a simple and powerful message for living a happier and more successful life. To achieve your goals, dreams and potential you must learn how to recognize and overcome the obstacles that hold you back in life in their not handled the right way.
The Ultimate Guide to Living Longer and Feeling Younger
The Ultimate Guide to Living Longer and Feeling Younger will change your life. The purpose of this book is to supply you with valuable information and techniques that will teach you how to look and feel younger naturally.
How to Become Wealthy Selling Informational Products on the Internet
This book has the most in depth-coverage of important development topics found anywhere on How to Sell Informational Product's on the Internet. The author of the book is a renowned expert in the area. Learn directly from a recognized community expert. This book is packed with code examples and never-before seen secrets of Internet.
How to Buy a Home Using a VA Loan: What Every Home Buyer Should Know
Almost everybody has a dream home. A place they like to stroll through in their thoughts, choosing make-believe paint colors for the walls and putting pretend curtains up. But for too many people, dream homes remain just that–dreams, but it doesn’t have to be like that at all. The dreams of owning a home has become a reality for millions of Americans by using VA loans to help purchase their home.
Keep the Faith:To Live and Be Heard from the Heavens Above
Stacey Chillemi is a young writer, speaker and leader in the epilepsy community. She is a Christian, who went on a spiritual journey, found her place in the world and most importantly, discovered Jesus' relevance for everyday life. This book, in its own elliptical way, tells the tale of that journey.
Eternal Love: Romantic Poetry Straight from the Heart
When you read a poetry book by Stacey Chillemi, you enter a special world where emotions sing from the heart. A world that lovingly captures the ties that bind us to one another-the joys and sorrows, heartbreaks and misunderstandings, and glad, perfect moments when we are in true harmony. A world filled with romance, and above all, enjoyable portrait of love tenderly laid open for us...
Breast Cancer: Questions, Answers & Self-Help Techniques
Having breast cancer can be devastating for the woman affected - and for her family and love ones. Many women diagnosed feel devastated, confused, and very alone. Today, approximately 1 in almost every 8 women (13.4%) will develop breast cancer in her lifetime. “Breast Cancer: Questions, Answers & Self-Help Techniques,” brings together comprehensive information about breast cancer.
Stacey Chillemi’s tag cloud