Our Lady of Zapopan
by Bob Lord & Penny Lord
Fr. Antonio de Segovia donated the sacred image of Our Lady, and it was first placed in a very simple hermitage with a flat roof made of palms. Sometime later a larger, more accomodating Chapel was built. In those days, the image was not encased in an arch or protected in any way.
Around 1608 or 1609, this small Chapel, by now very old, fell into ruins.