Observations and strategies based on the two decade long writing career of Stefan Petrucha, author of over twenty novels and hundreds of graphic novels. This book collects the essays used for his online class of the same name, taught via the University of Massachusetts.
This sequel to Mixon's popular The Art & Craft of Fiction explores in detail the complex crafts of character development and plot structure, illuminating exactly how the greats have done this work to such powerful effect and teaching how to apply their lessons to your own fiction. Mixon's voice is warm and entertaining, your personal welcome into the greater fellowship of all writers.
Based on Mixon's work as a successful independent fiction editor, The Art & Craft of Fiction: A Practitioner's Manual brings together in one place everything you need to know about writing a novel, an in-depth exploration of the myriad aspects of creating fiction in a warm, entertaining voice that welcomes you into the greater fellowship of all writers.
- Learn the important tips on planning to write fiction.
- Determine the writing tools or medium to use.
- Learn how to intensify your ideas.
- Learn how to set objectives for the target audience and readership.
- Learn how to develop a plot line.
- Learn how to conduct research.
- Learn how to organize your topic
- Learn how to publish your fiction novel
At last! A New York publishing agent reveals secrets that every aspiring author needs to know to break into the publishing scene. "Hilarious!" Publishers Weekly
"Highly recommended… for the experienced writer looking to enjoy a good…laugh…should be required reading for aspiring best-selling authors…" Midwest Book Review