Available ebook formats: epub
About the Author
Jeff Hopkins (1950) is a retired schoolteacher. He lives in Western Australia. As the drama master at a private boys’ school he wrote eleven original musical plays and produced and directed them at the school.
In 1992, he researched and wrote a family history, 'Life’s Race Well Run', and after retiring in 2006 he has written thirteen novels and a Memoir:
• Artifice (2015)
• Gnarl (2015)
• The Spiv: The Robbie Sparrow Story (2015)
• Impressment: Managers, Actors and Impressed Boys (2015)
• Benedict Lovelace and the Travelling Show (2016)
• Reflections; A Story of Friendship (2016)
• Rocking Horse Rider (2016)
• The Hydrographer: The Clyde Steadman Story (2017)
• Lord Gnarl (2017): A Sequel to Gnarl
• Handsome Jack: A Whizz-kid’s Story (2019).
• The Gavin Johns Story: A Belle Beamish Investigation (2019)
• Caliphs and Kings (2020):Concluding the Gnarl Trilogy
• A Horse Called Signs: A Sequel to Handsome Jack
• Creatively:A Memoir of Plays, Films, Musicals and Books
Jeff previously maintained he wrote entirely for pleasure, and to fill in the long summer months between football seasons. Recently he has admitted that he set himself the task of writing in a number of different genres as part of a three-year programme to learn about creative writing and self-publishing. He said it was like an undergraduate degree course for which there was a strict budget and work schedule.That three years has now stretched. It has since become clear that the whole experiment was one of the most interesting and absorbing things he had done in his life. He continues to write.