After many years’ experience gained in assisting retrenched employees, Derek and Ross Mengel have established that unemployed individuals don’t have the time or inclination to become embroiled in exhaustive dissertations on job search. More
After many years’ experience gained in assisting retrenched employees, Derek and Ross Mengel have established that unemployed individuals don’t have the time or inclination to become embroiled in exhaustive dissertations on job search. Based on the premise that retrenchment is not the “end” of the road but, rather, a “bend” in the road, the book provides the reader with practical advice for the effective and speedy transition to a desired outcome through a journey of self-discovery and accomplishment.
Following the four phases of Separation, Preparation, Communication and Negotiation, this book also forms the foundation of DMA Group’s Outplacement & Career Transition programmes, conducted either remotely or in person, with individuals or groups of individuals who are affected by retrenchment.
New in this edition:
• An “Action Steps” section at the end of each chapter, helping the reader stay focused on completing important tasks as they navigate their way through career transition
• 10 new sample “Summary” sections of a CV, aimed at assisting the reader with developing their own, to be used in their proactive and reactive job search techniques
• Exploring interim and temporary roles – understanding the benefits, to both individuals and prospective employers
• Starting your own business - What to consider when thinking of “going on your own”
• Making the most of LinkedIn, social media and job portals, as tools in career transition
• Some commonly asked interview questions and how they should be answered, including the P-A-R (Problem – Action – Result) approach
Available ebook formats: