I've taught courses ranging from CPR to corporate technical training. I've found the content doesn't really matter. Only methods matter.
This book offers my own experience and my exhaustively researched methods of training excellence. It details the simple, attainable steps any trainer can take to deliver superior, effective adult training...no matter the course content!
• Why rapport is everything Training is an interactive exchange, not just a one-way lecture • Excellence from the outset Know your material, know your audience, know how to deliver • Dealing with ineffectiveness Overcoming and adapting to potential training disrupters • Bringing magic to your training Putting your soul into your training, and leaving a bit of it behind with your students
Chapter One: THE BEAT - Getting to the heart of the training challenge
• Focusing on outcomes Recognizing and catering to the high stakes of training • Simple principles for producing results Proven methods any trainer can adopt • Dedicating yourself to success Building your legacy of remarkable students
Chapter Two: THE WAY YOU MAKE ME FEEL - Training as personal engagement
• Setting the Ground Rules No surprises and no misunderstandings when everyone’s on the same page • Getting aligned with your audience Reading a crowd, training to their needs. • Collaborative goal setting Students invest themselves in the process when they take ownership of creating it
Chapter Three: I WANT YOU ON MY SIDE - Training as a partnership
• Different approaches for different audiences Knowing your audience means knowing how to speak with them • Bringing your world to theirs Let your students understand why you’ve come to them, and why the material matters to you • Knowing the pitfalls What happens when you get too close to your audience?
Chapter Four: CLIMBING EVERY MOUNTAIN - Excellence at last
• Learning styles Teaching effectively leads to teaching excellently • Teaching modalities Bringing science to your method • Going above and beyond Going that extra mile that other trainers won’t
Chapter Five: YOU’RE THE INSPIRATION - Inspiring greatness by delivering greatness
• Demos and exercises Learning by seeing and doing • Training Styles Always finding the best way to train, no matter the circumstances • Being Memorable Be the trainer they’ll forever remember and respect
Chapter Six: WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MESS - When training simply goes wrong • Warning signs Solving problems before its too late • Never give up Bringing the class back from the brink
Chapter Seven: DON’T STOP UNTIL YOU……. • Excellence every time Making excellence your S.O.P.
On the Web
Available ebook formats: