British Weekend Jaunts - Tour 4 - 4 Days Discovering Bristol, Bath & North Somerset (Wells, Glastonbury, Cheddar Gorge)
This 4 day car jaunt takes you through the spectacular scenery of the Cheddar Gorge to the breathtakingly lovely cities of Wells and Bath. In this area, which is steeped in history and folklore, you visit several of Brunel’s masterpieces, medieval Abbey’s, Georgian townhouses & the legendary burial place of King Arthur.This illustrated ebook gives directions, maps,location info and travel tips. More
A travel guide book with a difference which gives a well planned 4 day, 3 location tour by car, through the lovely scenery of Somerset and the dramatic Cheddar Gorge to legendary Glastonbury and the Beautiful cities of Wells, Bath and Bristol.
This tour takes the reader on a journey through time, visiting caves which were lived in by Palaeolithic man, Roman Baths, Norman Abbeys, Medieval Palaces, Georgian Residences and modern technology; and is a good tour to take if you prefer a city based holiday, where instead of driving around between attractions you can mainly explore on foot, leaving your car in the hotel car park.
It is must for all lovers of the Regency era and Jane Austin, as she knew the city of Bath well, which is little changed since her time, and it features in at least two of her novels.
This illustrated ebook gives directions, maps, location information & travel tips used by the author.
In these hard times do you fancy going on a “weekend jaunt” to cheer yourself up, touring around some of the attractions this lovely country of ours has to offer, staying in multiple locations, but thought it too hard to organise?
Are you looking for a new kind of travel/guide book? Or perhaps you are planning a first trip to Britain, and are looking for a short tour guide which will give you a taste of what Britain has to offer, outside of London? Perhaps one which gives:
• A well planned 4 day multiple location tour in the glorious South West of England, which you can customise and enjoy at your own pace.
• Detailed information on how to organise your own weekend jaunt (travel, accommodation, visitor attractions, location history and information, etc.)
• Tips on how to keep costs down whist away and website addresses to visit to obtain best value for money deals and promotions.
• Gives daily itinerary’s to maximise the time spent in each location which you can follow, or tailor to suit yourself.
• Has maps, pictures and information on locations and attractions (including address, opening times, web address, how to get there, history &/or other pertinent information)
• All the information required in one book rather than having to purchase and carry, several city /town different guides whilst on your Weekend Jaunt
• Is suitable for all age groups and nationalities (particularly long haul visitors wishing to see as much of Britain as they can in a limited timescale, but not wanting to join a group arranged tour).
• Armchair traveller information and website addresses to enable them to “virtually” undertake the tour and visit attractions on line, if they cannot visit them in person.
If so ... this could be the ebook for you!