KENSHO: A Modern Awakening, Instigating Change in an Era of Global Renewal
Kensho: A Modern Awakening marks the culmination of Susan Steinbrecher’s compelling investigation of some very remarkable people. Business owners, scientists, journalists, filmmakers, authors, and philanthropists weigh in on subjects that range from business and personal development to social change and environmental issues - revealing the great potential for humanity in the 21st century. More
"This is an important book at an important time. Waking up to who we are within the world allows us to learn and master strategies that optimize health, and ultimately guide us to our destiny. As a physician and wellness coach, I find the philosophy of Kensho to be a vital tool both in my medical practice and my personal life. I believe in Susan Steinbrecher's work and endorse it completely." –Dr Jim Nicolai, Medical Director, Andrew Weil, MD Integrative Wellness Center at Miraval
Change yourself, change your world…
KENSHO: A Modern Awakening – Instigating Change in an Era of Global Renewal is a new book by internationally acclaimed businesswoman and leadership consultant Susan Steinbrecher that marks the culmination of her fascinating investigative journey, bringing to light some of the remarkable people, organizations and companies in our midst who are positively impacting our world.
Susan set out to discover why so many people across the globe are going through a period of extreme flux. Her research uncovered many timeless truths: often the path to enlightenment comes through a crisis – when our lives are spinning out of control, we finally pay attention! Scholars and masters of Zen Buddhism have described the word Kensho as being the “heart of Zen”, and it literally means “awakening to one’s true nature”.
Inspired by the archetypal message of Kensho, Susan shares what she has learned throughout her career as an executive coach and organizational consultant, that cynicism exists whenever “a little dust on our eyes” blocks our ability to awaken to what is truly possible within ourselves, hindering us from seeing past our problems and our fears with a brave and open heart.
KENSHO: A Modern Awakening features an impressive collection of interviews from a diverse group of esteemed experts that openly share their stories and advice. Byron Katie, Marci Shimoff, James Van Praagh, Peggy McColl, Tim Sanders, David Houle, Judy Martin, Dr. John Hagelin, Tony Schwartz, Sarah Allen, Dr. Marsha Lucas, Mike Michalowicz and Leo Babauta are just a few of the experts and fascinating people featured who weigh in on a variety of subjects such as social change, culture and consciousness, business, personal development, and the “power of one”.
At the heart of KENSHO you’ll discover:
• a deep, intimate sense of where we are headed as a global society
• why more and more people have become disenchanted with corporate life and long to do something that has meaning and value
• why corporate social responsibility is coming to the forefront of our consciousness
• when we create more balance in both our professional and personal lives we allow ourselves to focus on what’s really important
• how the work-place is being redefined through philanthropy, authentic leadership, social media and attention to the importance of wellness
• ground-breaking research on the astonishing ability of the brain to change
• how to break free of stagnant habits and bring awareness to how your thoughts shape your experiences
• the “age of imagination” and innovative ways to tap into the endless source of creativity
• a host of tools, information and exercises that amplify the significance of awakening to one’s true nature
Susan champions the message that, “to become enlightened by the world around us is to ultimately discover oneself along the way”. KENSHO: A Modern Awakening, presents a multitude of tips, tools and interviews designed to help you step confidently into this new era with grace and understanding – ultimately inspiring you to live a more fulfilling, conscious life.
Available ebook formats: