Pack Leader Psychology
Transform yourself into a confident, assertive pack leader...of people. Learn what dogs can teach us about human behavior and discover how to strengthen relationships, gain self-acceptance, stop self-blaming, and discover your authentic self. Psychotherapist Harper West recounts how she learned lessons while training her dog that transformed her from an abused wife into an "alpha" personality. More
Transform yourself into a confident, assertive pack leader...of people. Learn what dogs can teach us about human behavior and discover how to strengthen relationships, gain self-acceptance, stop self-blaming, and discover your authentic self.
Author and psychotherapist Harper West recounts how the lessons she learned while training her dog, Reilly, transformed her from a submissive, abused wife to a calm, confident and assertive "alpha" personality.
In learning to be a pack leader to Reilly, she uncovered a simple, yet powerful, paradigm about human behavior that readers can immediately apply to all aspects of their lives. The book helps readers intuitively understand why they behave as they do, become more emotionally healthy, and identify and predict the behaviors of others.
Based on the indisputable primal behaviors of fight-or-flight and key ideas from social psychology, Pack Leader Psychology will help you unleash your primal powers and:
• learn how to be a calm, assertive leader to your human pack
• raise children with strong self-worth,
• unleash yourself from unhealthy emotional responses,
• spot those who want to take advantage of you
• attract emotionally healthy people into your life,
• pick an appropriate life partner,
• and improve relationships of all types.
Written in a crisp, direct and upbeat style, Pack Leader Psychology combines personal stories from the author’s experiences in life and dog training, with the elemental wisdom of animals and the latest research on human social psychology. Pack Leader Psychology offers deeper explanations for human behavior than other self-help books, yet is easy to understand and a quick read. The book’s common-sense explanations of human behavior can be immediately applied to all aspects of a reader’s life and can help improve relationships with family, friends and colleagues.
Using indisputable primal behaviors of fight, flight, avoidance, submission and dominance, Pack Leader Psychology simplifies the hundreds of psychological “disorders” into just a few key categories and concepts. Because the explanations are rooted in elemental concepts that will resonate with readers, the content forms an easily understood model for human behavior.
Readers will learn:
• why some people become aggressive Dominators and others are Submissive "pleasers"
• e people unwittingly attract certain types of people into their lives
• why most relationships today are unhealthy and turn into fights for control
• why self-blame and low self-worth lead us to “lash out” with fight responses or “lash in” with flight responses
• why modern society is causing so many unhealthy emotional responses
Harper West is a psychotherapist, author, speaker, consultant and pack leader – of course! She has a master’s degree in clinical psychology, but, more important, an advanced degree of wisdom gained after unflinchingly examining her life and completely transforming her personality based on Pack Leader Psychology principles.
Available ebook formats: