British Weekend Jaunts - Tour 5 - 4 Days Discovering The Towns & Villages Of The English Cotswolds, Gloucester & Stratford-Upon-Avon
A travel guide book with a difference which gives a well planned 4 day, 3 location tour (by car) through the beautiful villages and towns of the English Cotswolds. This picturesque area with its chocolate box gabled cottages of honey coloured Cotswold stone is packed with history and offers visitors excellent specialist individual shops and fine local food, wine and ales. More
A travel guide book with a difference which gives a well planned 4 day, 3 location tour (by car) through the picturesque and historical towns and villages of the English Cotswolds. This illustrated ebook gives directions, maps, location information & travel tips.
This tour visits: Tewkesbury, Cheltenham, Gloucester & Stroud, Cirencester, Burford, Bourton-On-The-Water, Lower Slaughter, Upper Slaughter, Stow-On-The-Wold, Moreton-In-Marsh, Broadway and Stratford-Upon-Avon.
This is an ideal tour for a couple to take as a romantic break, away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life (particularly if you leave the laptops and mobiles at home) as the peaceful countryside encourages you to “chill out” and to take a break from your normal routines.
Lovers of Roman history will enjoy this tour as it leads you down ancient highways, which once felt the tramp of Roman sandals; and visits a Roman amphitheatre and the former Roman towns of Glevum (Gloucester) and Corinium (Cirencester). Later history buffs will enjoy visiting the settings for some of the English Civil War battles and their associated history. Culture vultures can delight at the variety of museums and galleries and visit properties associated with Shakespeare the Great Bard himself. Shoppers will find many small independent and specialist shops offering something that little bit different and gourmets will enjoy the fine local food, wine and ales on offer.
In these hard times do you fancy going on a “weekend jaunt” to cheer yourself up, touring around some of the attractions this lovely country of ours has to offer, staying in multiple locations, but thought it too hard to organise?
Or perhaps you are planning a first trip to Britain, and are looking for a short tour to give you a taste of what Britain has to offer, outside of London?
Are you looking for a new kind of travel/guide book? Perhaps one which gives:
• A well planned 4 day multiple location tour around an area of the Cotswolds, which you can customise and enjoy at your own pace.
• Detailed information on how to organise your own weekend jaunt (travel, accommodation, visitor attractions, location history and information, etc.)
• Tips on how to keep costs down whist away and website addresses to visit to obtain best value for money deals, promotions and discount vouchers.
• Some tour destinations and attractions which are a little different to those normally on offer, some of which are “off the beaten track” and are not covered in other guides
• Gives daily itinerary’s to maximise the time spent in each location which you can follow, or tailor to suit yourself
• Has maps, pictures and information on locations and attractions (including address, opening times, web address, how to get there, history &/or other pertinent information)
• All the information required in one book rather than having to purchase and carry, several city /town different guides whilst on your Grand Tour
• Is suitable for all age groups and nationalities (particularly long haul visitors wishing to see as much of Britain as they can in a limited timescale, but not wanting to join a group arranged tour).
• Armchair traveller information and website addresses to enable them to “virtually” undertake the tour and visit attractions on line, if they cannot visit them in person.
If so ... this could be the ebook for you!
Available ebook formats: