Perfect Weather for a Baby's Funeral
Rated 5.00/5 based
on 1 reviews
Characters like us and people we know in the kind of stories that we deserve. More
Twelve stories with varying levels of subtlety in comedic darkness.
1) Class Dismissed - In a world where people's highest aspirations involve being revered for dinner parties, hubris takes on a whole new meaning.
2) Let's Talk About Sharks - The pre-frontal cortex, the decision making portion of our brains, is not fully developed until adulthood. Unfortunately, our adult lives are resultant from decisions made before we ought to have been making them.
3) A Drive to the Ocean - The American left is being dragged more and more to the right. What does our future look like if the trend continues?
4) Death Metal - A nod to John Darnielle: When you punish a person for dreaming his dreams, don't expect him to thank or forgive you.
5) Thinking Bigger - Acromegaly means that people are born physically larger than normal. The expectations that come with being born a giant cannot but influence a person's self.
6) Bor Pen Nyang - Is it better to search for meaning, create your own, or to believe that you have found it?
7) Mercy - The Chien Brothers' jury deliberates.
8) Dac Kien - This is a Vietnamese name that means "acquired wisdom." When a suburban American with a Bachelor's Degree attempts to interface with a world that has been created completely outside of his realm of practical knowledge, what happens will happen.
9) The Ones We Killed - Chickens will, apparently, peck their own kind to death when a wound is exposed. People will do the same. The only difference is that people seem to feel the need to justify themselves.
10) Importance - How many times do we wonder what influence we could have had on the lives of the people we meet? What butterfly effects have we started? What ones could we have started?
11) Fis(c)her - There have been some patently absurd coincidences throughout history. With the number of people who are alive and who have lived on Earth, it would be almost impossible for this to be untrue. What happens though, when one of those coincidences touches a person's life?
12) Punchline - Existentialists once posed the idea that the universe could be one atom in a comedian's mustache. If that were the case, what kind of person would that comedian be? What kind of jokes would he tell?
Available ebook formats: