I was able to read this entire series in just over a week.
I felt the ending was a little underwhelming, but having said that.
This has been a frustrating, amazing, emotional series.
I cried (properly if that makes sense) four times. Where I had to stop reading to blow my nose and collect myself.
The author teaches you morals like JK.Rowling does in her HP series. (Not that I'm comparing, just using as an example).
There were plot twists, surprises and untimely deaths. I felt for each and every one of the characters.
- Like the review below me said, some characters have a "catchphrase" they like to say a lot, it at times, interrupts the flow of dialogue and can be frustrating.
- During the first three of five books, Lance is a horrible character, he utterly frustrated til no end! Despite this, he somehow became one of my favourite characters. It shows true character development and progression. It also shows that even adolescent immature people can change.
- The lack of detail, it wasn't until I finished the first book I realised there was a whole "Character BIO" & Appendix at the back.
- You could say the cliffhangers at the end of every book was a bad thing.
- Like I explained at the start, a lot of character development and subjects such as suicide are touched upon nicely.
- The romance was well placed into the series. I'm always a fan of romance, but during some chapters of different series, the romance somehow "overpowers" the actual story, while in this series, it was actually a plot progression (the prophecy).
- The ability to make one laugh and cry, that in its entirely makes it a 5/5 stars for me!
There is so much I can say about this series, the bad and the good.
The writing in my opinion progressively got better, but the first two books had awkward sentence structures etc.
As a movie lover, I'd LOVE to see my favourite characters on the big screen!
I'm a follower and I can't wait for the next to series.
(reviewed 9 days after purchase)