Intentional Living: How to Positively Change your Life and the World - Small Group Study Guide
Rated 5.00/5 based
on 3 reviews
In this 6 session small group study we'll discuss practical ways to develop self-awareness, determine our higher purpose, and live courageously into that purpose for a no-regrets life. The result will be a better version of ourselves and the world around us. More
Many of us drift through life, doing things we've always done without really thinking why we do them. We don't stop long enough to think about our greater purpose in life. We let fear, busyness, procrastination and comfort stop us from living the life we were meant to live.
We were created for so much more. We are designed to take great risks and face huge challenges, to accomplish mighty goals that have a lasting impact. The critical first step along this journey is to live more intentionally. When put into practice each and every day, living intentionally changes our life.
In this 6 session small group study we'll discuss practical ways to develop self-awareness, determine our higher purpose, and live courageously into that purpose for a no-regrets life. The result will be a better version of ourselves and the world around us.
Here are the sessions in overview:
1. Are we Drifters? How do we recognize when we do things without thinking? What would a more intentional life look like?
2. Develop Self-Awareness: What would it be like to learn to slow down and examine our life from a more critical perspective?
3. Know Your Purpose - Part 1: The first part of our purpose is to become a better person. This involves understanding our passions and what we were "wired" to be.
4. Know Your Purpose - Part 2: The other part of our purpose is to love others and make this world a better place.
5. Act Courageously: Knowing our higher purpose focuses our every-day choices. The hardest step is going from knowing to doing. In this session we'll discuss how we can develop the courage and faith to do the things we know we should.
6. In Practice: Talk is cheap. In this session, we'll apply everything we've learned. We'll share our "ah-ha" moments and any obstacles that might be holding us back. We'll finish with a clear understanding of our life purpose and the courage to do what we know we need to do.
This study is ideal for a group of 6-10 people who commit to meeting once per week or every other week. Each session is 60-90 minutes. A facilitator reads a paragraph that presents some ideas, and follow-up questions encourage participants to share their stories and learn from each other. The ground rule is simple: all backgrounds and opinions are welcome, but no judging each other.