How to Avoid Positive Stinking
Enjoy this compilation of short articles Eva and I wrote for our website, TheFinalHarvest.org. Topics run a wide gamut from how to avoid the glorification of self to examining an interesting interpretation of both Joseph and Pharoah; from determining what being merciful means to examining what it REALLY means to work for Jesus and more! More
How to Avoid Positive Stinking is a compilation of short biblical articles my wife, Eva, and I wrote for our website, TheFinalHarvest(dot)org. Here are the topics covered:
1. “How to Avoid Positive Stinking,” asks whether we should flex our human-willed positive thinking or submit our humble hearts to God and His Word in order to obtain our happiness.
2. “Eye for an Eye,” asks if there is a deeper meaning to the Old Testament law in which we are told to give a life for a life, an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, etc. and show no pity. Does the Bible really advise us to show no pity to others?
3. “Be Merciful,” explores the greater truths surrounding the biblical focus on giving rather than receiving.
4. “Bind This on Your Forehead,” asks what the Jewish people are doing when they bind the laws of God to their forehead.
5. “Do You Really Want to Work for Jesus?” Eva shares that you may want to reconsider because the cost is enormous.
6. “Identity Theft.” Did you know there is someone who wants you to steal their identity?
7. “Joseph and My Laundry,” shares an interesting interpretation of the relationship between Pharaoh and Joseph.
8. “Leviticus 19 (Parts 1-3),” A supernatural excitement arose within me as I came upon Leviticus 19 in my study of God’s Word.
9. “Lose Our Lives and Win.” Are we going to continue to defend our puny egos or die to them…and win?
10. “Christian Marriage 101,” Eva discusses what is involved in a successful Christian marriage.
11. “My Name Is Balaam,” shares what it might sound like if Balaam told his story himself, in the first person.
12. “The Conditional Love of Jesus Parts 1-3.” Did you know that we are not allowed to love Jesus UNLESS we do something? He actually told us NOT to love Him…unless we are willing to do this!
13. “True Authority.” Did God actually mean for us to have true authority over all the animals on this planet? Have you ever tried to “reign” over a wild animal? What could God have meant by that statement?
14. “What about the Bible?” What’s so special about the Bible?
We pray this book is a blessing to you, giving you plenty of fodder for your prayer times.