Naked Ladies - Secrets of the Heart
Rated 5.00/5 based
on 1 reviews
What is your darkest secret? Your most embarrassing moment? At a family retreat, ten female relatives are asked to tell those stories to each other in an effort to create stronger bonds. From beauty pageants to horrifying honeymoons, liars to sweet lovers, the stories run the gamut. Will telling these secrets really bring the ladies closer than the blood they already share? More
When ten female family members gather for a retreat, their facilitator offers a challenge: tell each other your darkest secret, your most embarrassing moment. Your bond with each other will grow stronger if you bare your soul.
The Ten Stories:
1. St. Paddy’s Day Leprechaun –Cheryl’s world is crumbling around her. Should she let her car, and herself, just wash away to end the misery?
2. The New Year’s Eve Curse –Shannon has had bad luck with boyfriends lately, and her breakups happen after New Year’s Eve. This year, she’s in love with Justin, and scared. Will she be alone once more come New Year’s Day?
3. Unlikely Deliverance –Rebecca harbors a terrible secret. When a student, Jace, discovers – and reveals - her secret, she finds that his father’s wrath rivals that of her own physically abusive father. Rebecca wonders: Will I ever feel safe again?
4. The Liar –Kendra's father is terrorizing her family. Distraught over the hopelessness of her life at home, she strikes out at a popular high school teacher. Can she admit her mistakes and find an ally who will help her save the lives of both she and her younger brother?
5. The Headless Horseman – For Leah, the opportunity for her son, 16-year-old Ryan, to play the Headless Horseman in his high school play is bittersweet. She’s unable to trust the mysterious drama teacher. Should Leah give in – both to her growing attraction to the man and her son’s insistence that Mr. Hayes is trustworthy?
6. Years Without Sleep –Marjorie struggles to get to sleep – and then stay asleep. When her marriage with Dan begins to suffer, she takes advice from friends, but the problem only gets worse. Will Margie find an answer to her sleep woes in time to save her career, her friendships and her marriage?
7. Beauty Queen Baby – When Krista enters her three-year-old daughter, Lacey, in a baby beauty pageant, she doesn’t expect her to win. When Lacey is crowned queen, a whole new world opens up for Krista. Will she carry the beauty pageantry too far, and harm Lacey?
8. Honeymoon from Hell – Jennifer fell hard for Matt, and in only a few months the pair were married and on their way to a honeymoon week in Acapulco. Life-threatening accidents make her wonder: will I survive my honeymoon?
9. Bidding for a Boyfriend –Karon relocates to a new town with her parents, determined not to fit in or make friends. Can Karon change her outlook and make friends after all? The Sadie Hawkins week auction is her chance to find out.
10. Collecting can be Fatal! –Anna is passionate about antiques, and spends her weekends going from garage sale to estate sale looking for her favorite collectables. One Saturday, Anna finds herself alone, trapped in a burning barn full of collectables. Will she survive to hunt another day?
Available ebook formats: