WELCOME TO KYIV: LOOK FROM INSIDE
Welcome to Kyiv: Look from Inside e-book is the best Kiev guide on the market. Written by the native Ukrainian, it contains tons of tips and insights on every page. Learn how you can save money and nerves while being in Ukraine. Updated in January 2011! More
This guide book has the following distinctive traits:
- It is written by the native Ukrainian who can provide you the look from inside.
- Information in the guide is 100% checked and verified on December 1,2010.
- Attention is paid to vital but rarely discussed in conventional guidebooks issues, such as finding Internet connection, getting a local cell-phone number, dating with Ukrainians, etc.
- Useful tips are found in every book chapter.
- Structure of the book is clear, and the book is concise.
- The book has rich graphical material that goes well beyond traditional tourist sites.
- The guide contains 100+ external references to wide variety of related sources.
- Best of traditional and unusual sites to visit are described and recommended itinerary is drawn.
- The book is ideal for screen reading, e-books and printing.
The Kiev guide is split into eleven chapters that are followed by appendices. Structure of the guide helps you not get confused as your travel experience evolves. The description starts from arrival to the Boryspol (Borispol KBA) airport, and takes you to the city where questions of accommodation (including hotels, apartments, hostels etc), transportation (including public transpiration network, taxi and cars for rent), dining (including the restaurants and recommended fast-foods) and entertainment (including bars, pubs, clubs and other attractions of nightlife) are discussed in details. Optimal clothing and Kiev weather in different seasons are described in a separate chapter. Customs and traditions are not passed out as well. The guide is relatively short in order not to get you bored, but it is sufficiently detailed to make you feel comfortable in the city of Kiev.
The book would save you not only time and nerves, but also a considerable sum of money! Numerous tips and insights scattered across the book would show that a trip can be much more fun for less money. Our aim is making your travel experience as smooth as possible, so apart from discussing such physical matters as transportation, accommodation, board etc, such intangible issues as Ukrainian mentality and basic rules of behaving are paid substantial attention in the guide. This Kiev guide would be extremely useful for you no matter whether you take a business tour to Kiev, visit the city as a tourist or come to work or volunteer in Ukraine.
The guide contains extremely useful additional materials, such as a general map of Kiev and the detailed map of the city center. All objects mentioned in the text are highlighted in either of maps. There are also Kiev metro station map (paper copy of which is NOT available at metro stations by the way) and rules of reading Cyrillic texts, which form the necessary minimum of information you need not to feel lost in the city.
You can find a PDF version of the guide at http://kiev-guide.info