Available ebook formats: epub mobi pdf rtf lrf pdb txt html
Katie Letcher Lyle is the author of nearly 20 books and many articles. Her short fiction has appeared in many magazines, including Viva, Shenandoah, and The Virginia Quarterly Review.
A writer, teacher, folksinger, and speaker, she taught 25 years at Southern Seminary College, has taught in the graduate Writing Program at Hollins University, and has been visiting professor at Washington and Lee University, Mary Baldwin College, and Randolph-Macon Woman’s College.
Since 1983 she has taught over 250 Elderhostels at several Virginia colleges, on Virginia pre-history, folklore and folklife of Appalachia, the English language, and creative writing. She has been active in organizations that serve the handicapped, and serves currently on the Rockbridge Area Hospice Board, where she is also a volunteer. She lives in Lexington, Virginia.
All of her books are available through most bookstores, out-of-print book search or on Amazon.com.
Contact her at email@example.com.
1. LYRICS OF THREE WOMEN (Linden Press, 1964) Katie Letcher Lyle, Maude Rubin, May Miller. Poetry.
2. I WILL GO BAREFOOT ALL SUMMER FOR YOU (Lippincott, 1973; Dell, 1974) Novel. Newbery finalist.
3. FAIR DAY, AND ANOTHER STEP BEGUN (Lippincott, 1974; Dell, 1975) Novel. Newbery finalist.
4. THE GOLDEN SHORES OF HEAVEN (Lippincott, 1976, Bantam, 1978) Novel.
5. DARK BUT FULL OF DIAMONDS (Coward McCann and Geoghegan, 1981; Bantam 1982) Novel (Made into TV movie, MY FATHER, MY RIVAL, aired on HBO over 100 times since May 1985. Won Bronze Medal in 1985 New York Film Festival.)
6. FINDERS WEEPERS (Coward McCann and Geoghegan, 1982; Scholastic, 1984) Novel.
7. SCALDED TO DEATH BY THE STEAM (Algonquin Books of Chapel Hill, 1984; W. H. Allen Company, 1985) Historical non-fiction, sold over 100,000 copies. In thirteenth printing.
8. THE MAN WHO WANTED SEVEN WIVES (Algonquin Books of Chapel Hill, 1986) Historical non-fiction. (Second edition with additional material, Quarrier Books of Charleston, WV, 1999.)
9. THE WILD BERRY BOOK: Romance, Recipes, Remedies (NorthWord Press, 1994)
10. THE FORAGING GOURMET Nonfiction. (Lyons and Burford, 1997)
11. WHEN THE FIGHTING IS ALL OVER: a memoir (Longstreet, 1997) (Ingram Pick of the Season, 1997; short-listed by The Virginia Center for the Book for best non-fiction book in Va., 1998)
12. GOODBYE TO OLD PEKING, ed. with Roger Jeans (Ohio U Press, 1997). American USMC letters from China, 1936-1939
13. FREE MEL GREENBERG (a musical comedy) with Richard B. Sessoms. @ 1996. New York preview November 1999. Professional productions, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2006.
14. MY DEAREST ANGEL: Lives and letters of Katie Paul Letcher and Greenlee Davidson Letcher, 1895-1954. (Ohio U Press, 2002.) Nominated for Best Non-fiction book in Va, 2002)
15. COMPLETE GUIDE TO EDIBLE WILD PLANTS, MUSHROOMS, FRUITS, AND NUTS (Lyons Press, 2004.)
16. ALL TIME IS NOW: ADVENTURES WITH JENNIE: Memoir about handicapped daughter (Infinity Press, 2005, 2008)
17. ARCHAEOLOGY — a novel — still seeking a publisher.
18. MY NEIGHBORS’ GHOSTS and other amazing true stories (Mariner Publishing, 2007)
20. HOPING FOR GRACE: divorce poems, 2002-3. Many published individually.
21. JOURNEY TO BELIEF: WHEN THE DEAD SPEAK. Seeking a publisher.
22. MY APPALACHIA. In progress.