Available formats: epub mobi pdf rtf lrf pdb txt html
Due to a special interest in the hereditary nature of Breast and Ovarian cancers Dr. Herman has become a leader in the identification, testing and treatment of patients who are at risk for HBOC (Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer Syndrome). Dr. Herman has developed, refined and implemented strategies for testing appropriate patients in the clinical office setting.
Through more than 547 lectures, meetings and media appearances Dr. Herman has taught both the science and the practical application to physicians and their ancillary personnel. Speaking forums have included grand rounds presentations, resident didactic lectures, community based events, as well as dinner conferences and lunch meetings. He is a frequent featured physician at women’s health day events.
Past topic titles have included:
• Practical implementation of BRCA testing in office based practice
• High and Low Penetrance Alleles in Breast and Ovarian Cancer Risk Assignment
• Genome Wide Association Studies & Breast Cancer
• HBOC: Issues in Pediatric and Adolescent Practice
• HBOC & Lynch Syndrome – What a practitioner needs to know
• HBOC in the Ashkenazi Jewish community.
• Clinical approach to Lynch Syndrome testing
• A review of HBOC and BRCA testing
Dr. Herman appeared on the hit show, “The Doctors” with two of his BRCA positive patients and currently has three public service announcements showing on ten TV stations across the US.
The website, Learnabouthboc.com, features these media clips, Dr. Herman’s story and additional resources for both those in healthcare and the public.
Is there breast or ovarian Cancer in your family?
"Tell your doctor what's in your family history
..... It just may save your life!"
Facebook Group: learnabouthboc.com