Jianna was born in Auckland, New Zealand. From the moment she picked up a crayon she was scribbling stories, although no one else could read the earliest ones.
She graduated from the University of Waikato with a Bachelor of Education and pursued a career in teaching. Developing childrens' creative writing skills was her favorite part of the job. She is currently working in the health and disability sector and is planning to write full time in the future.
If it's summer, Jianna enjoys taking her two dogs to the beach, and if it's winter she heads to the mountains to ski or ride her snowboard.
- Honorable Mention Medal winner Readers’ Favorite International Book Awards 2016 in Humor
- Gold Medal winner Global Ebook Awards 2015 in Popular Literature Fiction
- Gold Medal winner Global Ebook Awards 2015 in Humor
- Top 5 Finalist Chatelaine Awards 2015
- Top 5 Finalist in Danté Rossetti Awards 2015 for Young Adult
- Top 5 Finalist in Chanticleer Summer Shorts and Novellas
- Shortlisted Finalist in Cygnus Awards 2014 for speculative fiction
- Honorable Mention Medal winner Global Ebook Awards 2014 in Popular Literature Fiction
- Top 5 Finalist Readers' Favorite International Book Awards 2014 in Women's Fiction
- Shortlisted Finalist Writers' Village International Novel Award 2014 in open genre
- Semi-finalist Kindle Best Indie Book Awards 2014 in Young Adult
- Top 5 Finalist Kindle Best Indie Book Awards 2013 in Short Fiction
Favorite TV series - Absolutely Fabulous, Big Bang Theory, Friends. Favorite movies - Lord of the Rings, The Hunger Games, Die Hard. Favorite genres - YA, fantasy, contemporary.
Jianna is on twitter @jiannahiggins or you can make friends with her on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/jianna.higgins or visit her website at http://jiannahiggins.com/
on June 20, 2014 :
Absolutely loved this book. It was humorous and heart felt, I can't wait to read the other books to this series. Alice is awesome! Love her witty way!
Refreshing to read something that could be close to home and understand how each person feels in the situation, especially Alice! Beautiful story.
Thank you for sharing it with the world.
(review of free book)
on Jan. 30, 2014 :
Karen was taking her mom Alice Williams to a retirement home. Melanie Moth (RN) & is the wing manager. Alice meets the gardener & Ruby.
How will everyone convince Alice to stay?
Cool book cover, great font, writing style. A unique fairly well written culturally short story (book). Lots of interesting delightful/sad twists/turns. Very easy to read/follow & never a dull moment from start/finish. No grammar errors, repetitive or out of line sequence sentences. I assume the author (writer) meant to leave the reader hanging. That said I will still rate the short story (book) with 5 stars.
Thank you for the free book (short story)
Tony Parsons MSW (Washburn)
(review of free book)