SHADOWS OF TIME
SHADOWS OF TIME :
This is a collection of short-stories of characters who try to defy destiny, and rise up in spite of the most unfavorable circumstances. Some of them are successful, some of them are not. They project the basic human traits of survival against odds , struggle to maintain one's honor, patience, endurance and live life with both happiness and grief. More
SHADOWS OF TIME :
This is a collection of short-stories of characters who try to defy destiny, and rise up in spite of the most unfavorable circumstances. Some of them are successful, some of them are not. They project the basic human traits of survival against odds , struggle to maintain one's honor, patience, endurance and live life with both happiness and grief.
1) RAJAKAKA loves children but cannot have his own.
2) DOCTOR treats thousands of patients free of cost but when he meets
with an accident on the highway there is no one to save him.
3) MALA brings up her family on her own without any help from her family. She marries off her
younger sister, supports her unemployed brother and pays for
her father’s drinks. In the end when all her responsibilities are over she
decides to get married but her woes are not over.
4) NEHA & KAILASH belongs to different communities. They fall in love
and get married against the wishes of their parents. Neha is abused and
insulted by her mother-in-law, but she endures and wins her over
but her own mother never forgives her.
5) ABA is not educated, but supports students from poor families to
continue their education. His own nephew deceives him and makes a bid to take
over his tailoring shop.
6) SARASWATI fights for the emancipation of women. She spends her
life to help the women, the aged and the helpless. In the dusk of her life,
her own children disown her. She lands in the same home for the destitute
that she had helped to build.
7) SHENDEKAKA is the mediator in his community. He settles disputes
about marriages, distribution of property etc. His word is the law and no
one dares to challenge him. But when his own daughter is married, he has to face
the agonies of being the father of the bride. He has to pay with his life.
8) BAL is a Brahmin who reads horoscopes, conducts ceremonies and marriages.
He does not want his children to face the same hardships that he had to
face. His wife Laxmi is paralyzed below the waist and he has to look after
When they are too old to move about, their children abandon them.
9) SUBHASH is always found among the girls in his college. Though he
is only friendly with them, his image is that of a Casanova. His father dies
of shock because of his antics. He decides to kill himself. He meets a girl
who teaches him live on his own terms.
10) His rich aunt brings up DADASAHEB. He serves her till her end.
He has only one daughter. When he dies his son-in-law does not turn up for
11) RAKHUMAI is an uneducated girl but is married off to a rich Seth.
She has unlimited wealth, but she does not have any male heir to her
fortunes. Her daughters fight over her property when she lies on
12) PRABHAT is a bighearted young man who is ready to help anybody.
He is married to Pratibha who dominates him and destroys his life. She kills
him with help of a voodoo doctor.
13) SOYRA & BAYA is married to the same man. Instead of being
jealous, they love each other and bring up their children from the direst
conditions after their husbands’ sudden death.
Available ebook formats: