Jesus Youth Prayer
Seven steps prayer format inspired by the traditional patterns of community prayers in the Church. More
Seven Steps present prayer format inspired by the traditional patterns of community prayers in the Church has the following steps:
1. Introductory: The prayer begins with the sign of the cross and the community renews its participation in the life of the Trinity. This is followed by a short time of singing and spontaneous praising.
2. Psalter: The psalm is prayed alternating between two sections. This could be followed by a longer time of songs, free praise and lively spontaneous prayers. Its duration could depend on the time available and the occasion.
3. Word of God: A suitable passage from the Bible is read. A time of silent recollection for a few minutes could follow.
4. Reflection on the Word of God: Many could share their insights during this time. But in a more formal setting one person could be asked to share the reflection.
5. Response: A prayer of response using the meditations or prayers of a saint will surely lead us towards greater depth in spiritual life.
6. Intercession: The group, at this stage, spontaneously articulates various needs and all join in interceding for these intentions.
7. Conclusion: With the Lord’s Prayer and blessing the prayer comes to a close.
May the Jesus Youth Prayer challenge each one of you to live your life higher and wider.