Available ebook formats: epub mobi pdf rtf lrf pdb html
• Born in Sheffield, England.
• Chartered professional engineer.
• Qualifications etc: BSc, PhD, CEng, FIET, FInstMC.
• Married for 39 years.
• Two daughters.
• One granddaughter.
• Attended Greenhill Methodist Church, Sheffield, England, since before birth.
• Occasionally ejected from Sunday school, due to disruptive behaviour. Father inevitably not amused!
• Excellent knowledge of science, for his age, prevented him "becoming a Christian" in his mid- to late-teens.
• Learned more about the relationship between science and Christianity by reading / praying.
• Became a Christian at age 22.
• Now a speaker and author on the relationship between science and religion.
• BSc and PhD in control systems analysis and design.
• Chartered engineer - so an applied scientist, as opposed to a pure scientist such as a theoretical physicist.
• Elected a Fellow of two UK engineering institutions.
• Ten years working in process control research and development in the steel industry.
• Obtained PhD (on automatic control of flatness when rolling stainless steel) whilst working full-time in the industry - mainly on other projects!
• 25 years full-time lecturing in control system analysis and design at Sheffield Hallam University.
• Took early retirement in 2010, but still does some carefully-selected university lecturing.
• Is still retained by the University to carry out an idustrial liaison role.