This is a personal story of long-term obesity and the program that the author developed to achieve dramatic weight loss (330 lbs to 175 lbs) and to regain her health and fitness. Written by a “fat” expert who has lived through years of obesity & ill-health and understands the emotional and physical barriers that prevent people from taking the essential steps to regain their fitness and health. More
I wanted to find answers to explain how I had managed to eat and starve myself to 330 lbs. This book is my story, but it is also the blueprint of the program that you will be following.
If any of these feels familiar this book is definitely for you
- You can’t take a bath because you can’t get out again
- You don’t even fit sideways into the shower
- You get desperate late at night when the chocolate shops are shut
- You are ashamed to take your clothes off in front of yourself
- You don’t fit into airline seats and have to have a seat belt extension
- You struggle to get out of the car
- You can barely walk 10 minutes down the road
- You can’t fit into public toilets
- People ask you when the baby is due
- You hate shop assistants coming into the too-small changing rooms
- You have stopped doing everything you once loved to do
- You have stopped sharing activities with the ones you love
- You are obsessed with where your next food is coming from
- You crave sweet foods
- You wish it would all go away
Thirty years ago obesity was a rarity amongst children and adults and the related health problems were restricted to a small proportion of the population. Today it is an epidemic and as we expand our waistbands we are forced into increasing our financial responsibilities for the resulting medical problems that can be life threatening.
Size Matters is the story of a woman who had an appalling lifestyle and although intelligent and successful did nothing constructive to change the situation. It took a death sentence to motivate her to making some vital decisions. The first place to start was to find out the reasons for her obesity and then learn how to fix the problem. Georgina studied nutrition and health whilst taking back control of her diet and lifestyle. Three years later, when fit and well she opened her diet advisory centre in Ireland where she worked with 1,000 clients over a five-year period.
Size Matters explores the emotional, mental and physical reasons for obesity and offers strategies that empowers anyone who is overweight or suffering ill health to change their lifestyles successfully. The second part of the book details the programme that can be personalised to suit readers’ individual needs for diet and exercise including healthy food options and nutritional information.
This is not a book written by a “thin” expert, but a “fat” expert who has lived through many years of obesity and ill-health and understands the emotional and physical barriers that prevent people taking the first step and then the next, and the next until they have regained their fitness and health.
Available ebook formats: