2014 Edition, an insider's guide to the best of Glasgow, featuring Top Ten lists of all you need to know about the City. More
what is it?
Wee Glesca, A Pocket Guide to Glasgow, is the only Glasgow guide you'll ever need! It's written by Scott C. Docherty, owner of the Top Ten Glasgow Guide, but more importantly, a guy who lives in Glasgow and loves telling others about its delights.
what's not in it?
There's a few reasons why this guide, written by someone who doesn't work for the tourist industry, differs from the others you'll come across. Unlike most glossy travel guides on the City, in Wee Glesca you will not find:
- A lengthy history of the City you could find online in a heartbeat if you were really interested;
- Pointless climate details and weather trends. When it boils down to it, you get here, you look out the window, you dress appropriately. Enough said!
- Fancy pictures taken by professionals, designed to make the place look fantastic (which it really is), but which just increase the size of the book when all you really need is the right information;
- Travel writer verbal diarrhoea, with flowery language most Glaswegians would just find totally ridiculous;
- Cool looking maps you can't follow. Future editions may include a map or two, but for the most part you would be better served getting a guide like this and a proper fold-up map;
- Endless lists of hotels. Let's be honest, before you travel here you'll likely find a place to stay, so why would you want your guidebook you take with you stuffed with hotels, telling you where else you could've stayed?
what is in it?
Well, pretty much all you need to squeeze the most out of your visit here. Top ten lists of:
- Arts & history attractions, shopping hotspots, music venues, theatres, restaurants, festivals and more;
- Telephone numbers, addresses, opening times, & links to websites, Twitter feeds and Facebook pages;
- Bang up to date information. Most guides are fairly out of date, this one isn't!
- Information from a real insider, a local, a dude who lives here and sees with his own eyes how best to experience Glasgow day in day out;
- Everything nicely drilled down and packaged so you can print off or bookmark what you need.
so what are you waiting for?
Share Scott's passion for his home town and find out how to enjoy Glasgow in a way only locals know how! And if you like his little guide, please feel free to leave a review here to help spread the word, and many thanks for doing so.
Available ebook formats: