Sex Still Spoken Here
Rated 5.00/5 based
on 1 reviews
From the Erotic Reading Circle at the Center for Sex & Culture comes the new award-winning anthology Sex Still Spoken Here. Containing a diverse collection of stories from 27 authors, a how-to guide to start your own erotic reading circle, plus essays on why it matters to read erotic works in community. More
IPPY Award-winning Sex Still Spoken Here is not just a steamy, eclectic mix of hot stories, it’s also an inspiring call to action, staking another fierce claim on importance of voicing the erotic. The Erotic Reading Circle—held monthly since 2006 at San Francisco’s Center for Sex & Culture—is a community where writers put words to our complex desires and longings, and in which our erotic stories are celebrated and honored, not dismissed. This collection is culled from that Circle, representing the many writers who’ve dared to wrestle with the erotic muse.
- Sexy, skillfully-crafted stories from 27 Erotic Reading Circle participants.
- A wide-ranging conversation with the editors about the history of the Erotic Reading Circle and the importance of sex-positive writing spaces for both new and developed erotic writers.
- Plus a how-to guide so you can start your own Erotic Reading Circle!
- Contributors include Sinclair Sexsmith, Horehound Stillpoint, seeley quest, Simone Corday, Jeff Jacobson, Avery Cassell, Dorothy Freed, Scott Bentley, Joy West, Anaín Bjorkquist, Christine Solano, Lilycat, Jack Fritscher, Norman Armstrong, Holly Zwalf and more!
- Including stories from each of the editors: Carol Queen, PhD (Erotic Reading Circle
co-facilitator and founder of the Center for Sex & Culture in San Francisco), Jen Cross (Erotic Reading Circle co-facilitator and founder of Writing Ourselves Whole in Oakland) and Amy Butcher (Erotic Reading Circle participant and author of Paws for Consideration).
What people are saying:
"Still sex-positive, still sex-radical, and still producing the most affecting writing in any genre — not just the one-handed reading variety, The Erotic Reading Circle shares its best with the rest of the world."
- Susie Bright
“Enjoy some written-word-play today with this great collection of deliciously diverse sexy stories!”
- Annie Sprinkle, Ecosexual Artist and Author
Available ebook formats: