Edexcel Government & Politics Unit 1 AS Revision: People and Politics
This guide is the one stop shop for all Unit 1 Government and Politics students, presenting all the content in the most accessible and easy to follow manner. Join hundreds of students who have received A*s with this guide as their primary resource. More
1.) Democracy and Political Participation:
• What is democracy & legitimacy?
• What are the different forms of democracy in the UK?
• Are referendums used in the UK.?
• What are the other democratic concepts?
• What is the current state of democracy in the UK?
• How could democracy be improved in the UK?
2.) Party Policies and Ideas
• What is the nature of political parties?
• What is the political spectrum?
• What is consensus and adversary politics?
• What are the differing traditions and policies of political parties?
• What are the functions of elections?
• How do elections enhance democracy?
• What types of election are held in the UK?
• What are the different types of electoral and voting systems?
• What is the relationship between electoral systems and party systems?
4.) Pressure Groups:
• What is a pressure group?
• What are the functions of pressure groups?
• What are the main distinctions between pressure groups and political parties?
• What are the different pressure group methods and objectives?
• Do pressure groups exert large amounts of power and influence?
• Do pressure groups promote democracy?
Available ebook formats: