Essential NEUROLOGY for Medicine Finals
This is a short, concise summary of common neurology topics aimed at medical students with a focus on the knowledge required for medicine finals. It contains chapters of history taking, examination, clinical anatomy and common pathologies. More
Do you find neurology difficult and scary? Exams are approaching fast and you do not know where to start? All the books seem too long and too complicated?
Here is your solution! This book will transform the anxiety and fear of neurology stations into your strength and help you will ace the neurology stations in finals!
This is a short, concise summary of common neurology topics with a focus on the knowledge required for medicine finals. It contains chapters of history taking, examination, clinical anatomy and common pathologies. Through the combination of easy to follow relevant clinical neuroanatomy with frameworks for clinical examination and diagnosis of common pathologies, the book combines theory with practical skills thereby facilitating the understanding of difficult neurology topics.
The book also contains numerous tips for exams and real life examination of patients as well as memory aids to boost students’ performance. It is suitable for medical students at any stage preparing for exams in neurology, including final year exams.
The book contains:
- Guides on neurology history taking, including common presenting complaints
- Frameworks for clinical examination including motor and sensory exam, parkinsonism exam, cerebellar exam, cranial nerve assessment, peripheral nerve exam and others
- Easy to understand and remember clinical neuroanatomy with relevance to clinical examination
- Concise summary of common and important pathologies, including signs and symptoms, investigations and treatment
- Mnemonics that will help you remember difficult topics for longer
- Numerous pictures to help your learning
- Example marking schemes for self-assessment.
Available ebook formats: