Available ebook formats: epub mobi pdf rtf lrf
DM Sharp’s past includes a prolonged stint at working as a high-yield (junk) bond trader after completing her first degree in Economics. However, she cried too much doing that job and one day remembered that her two dreams in life were firstly, to be a doctor and secondly to write books.
She returned to medical school and received her medical degree from Nottingham University and is currently training to be a General Physician. She is now also actively pursuing her second dream (when not seeing patients) and devotes a very special part of herself to the power of words and love of storytelling. Any other spare moments are devoted to being a wife and mother of two!
She writes primarily YA/Adult novels dealing with gritty, coming of age issues, centered around a troubled heroine called Olivia Carter whose personal philosophy has been forged from her tormented upbringing. Olivia’s childhood was unstable and impoverished, and her teen years were marked by abuse. DM Sharp feels an affinity with Olivia Carter and people like her.
DM Sharp’s debut novel is called Olivia’s Trek, a dark tale of the American dream ripped apart. The second novel in the Olivia Carter Series is called Olivia’s Choice, about choices, their consequences and how sometimes when we act in the best interests of a person we love, it is not always the correct choice that is made. The third novel, Olivia’s Destiny, is currently in production.
The most important words DM Sharp likes to hold onto are: compassion, hope, and freedom.
Things she likes
- Eating Nuttella spread out of the jar with a spoon when she's writing
- Reading everything from the classics (Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier is my all time favorite), everything YA(Laurie Halse Anderson is my hero), trashy magazines and medical textbooks (only when I have to!)
- My best friends (I would go crazy without them)
- My family..most of the time ( They think I’m crazy)
- Anything Cinnamon.
Things she dislikes
- Bad manners
- vanilla essence
- the sound of chalk scratching on a blackboard, fireworks
- the dark.