Available ebook formats: epub mobi pdf rtf lrf pdb txt html
Throughout each of our lives, stories continuously happen around us. Expressing them on paper thrills me, but presenting the book to you with grace and clarity is in itself another story. Authors share a great challenge of maintaining your attention, never an easy task, hence, my goal is to move your heart. Please take a minute to let us know your impression. Thank you so much.
From San Antonio, Texas and after decades of a successful career in real estate, I embarked on a new career, writing, which simmered for forty years until life's duties came to a halt. Most of the short novels, novellas, and short stories are inspired by true events and take place in Texas settings. I attempt to keep my writing style clear and direct which can be enjoyed from the young to the old. In several books I provide Texas facts with violent self defense battles and natural disasters as well as moving, emotional struggles then combine them with moral fortitude.
By curbing the reading time of the books to no longer than the length of a long movie, the intent is to spark interest in individuals who dislike reading. "Writing opens the window to our souls, yet reading opens the door. If I can inspire anyone to read, then I feel successful in my endeavor."
"Monster At My Window" (Novella)
"Night Invaders" sequel to Monster at My Window - release - this year
"Moonshiner The Wolf" (Short Novel)
"The Rabbi's Books" (Novelette)
"Visiting Mary" (Short Story)
"Flood of 1965" (Novelette)
"Steven" (Short Story)
"Lucky" (Children's Short Story)
"La Visita A Maria" (Short story "Visiting Mary" above translated in Spanish )
~~~~ REVIEWS ~~~~
"Moonshiner The Wolf" (28 REVIEWS AVERAGE FOUR STARS; 16 ARE FIVE STARS and the ebook is featured in iTunes/iBooks in several countries).
1. "Very good story. Great main character, and others too. Well written, captivating, and exciting. Harsh reality mixed with ghostly spirits and unconditional, eternal love." B&N Anonymous, March 24, 2013.
2. "This book helps us to understand two things: One, life is about the realization that if you know something has to be done, be self-reliant and do it, which in turn creates a strong sense of worth. And two, for some of us it can be difficult to know others as deeply as we might like to, especially those we love the most. Be good to those you love so you can live with them after this life, forever and ever." Andrew Campbell.
3. "OMG! I feel like I'm gonna cry! That was so sad!" Anonymous, Barnes and Noble.
4. "Good read. Definitley worth it!" Anonymous, Barnes and Noble.
5. 5 Stars - no review - Anonymous, Barnes and Noble.
6. "This highly illuminating book marks a significant stage in our growing understanding of how national traditions of economic thought has been affected by both." Communications in Candian society - WordPress.com.
7. "That was very enjoyable. Thank you for sharing the story wth the world. I hope others also enjoy it." Anonymous, Google Play Books.
8. "Kudos! A heart-wrenching story that entices you to keep reading. It's well written and certainly appropriate for all ages. Loved reading it." Thomas Holden
9. "A moving story from beginning to end; one scene is a real tear-jerker." - Alpine Avalance, Alpine, Tx. Valerie P.
10. " 'Moonshiner The Wolf' tells the tale of a courageous West Texas ranch woman. She befriends a wolf that becomes her lifetime guardian. Don't miss out, read it!"-- Bandera County Courier Editor, Bandera, Tx. Carolyn Edwards.
"Monster at My Window" (RANKED HUNDREDS OF TIMES IN iTunes/iBooks globally and featured in twenty-five countries)
1. "A highly recommended thriller! Good battle scenes and good plot will hold your interest all the way through. Not one unneccesary or boring word, the author does not force elements that disrupt the flow. The characters come to life and the setting fits like a glove. It begins with an up close casting of a young daughter who tells the truth and from there it unfolds into a unique storyline when friends face up to creatures that infiltrate a south Texas town. The end will leave you wanting more thrills, I guarantee it." David Martinelli, Barnes and Noble.
2. "Great Read! I thought this book would be all about monsters, but I got more out of it than just a monster story. This book reminds people that no matter how a child describes something, you should always listen and hear them! The way a child views something is not always the way we adults view them. Great book! To me, much more than a monster story." Wanda S., Barnes and Noble.
3. "Different, but interesting." Rem, Barnes and Noble.
4. 5 Stars, no review, Anonymous, Barnes and Noble.
"Hannibal" (RANKED 1,156+ TIMES IN iTunes/iBooks U.K., CANADA, U.S.A., and AUSTRALIA and is featured in twenty-four countries)
1. "The storyline in this short story produces no punches as the author describes her survival against an animal that was never taught love." Smashwords, Kristina Howells, France author.
2. "Exciting thriller! Intense! Thank you for writing it. Anonymous, Barnes and Noble, September 8, 2014.
"Visiting Mary" (CHOSEN BY FOUR EDITORS IN TEXAS and has reached highest rankings in seven countries)
1. "This short story is charged with emotion and the imagery is fantastic as well --- keep writing." Heather Kitt.
2. "Enlightening short story, so glad you shared this one." Anonymous, Barnes and Noble.
"The Rabbi's Books" (REACHED NUMBER 1 POSITION IN HUNGARY this year and is featured in eight countries)
1. "Excellent point of view. From the atrocities depicted in Elie Wiesel's "Night" to the haunting scene of Schindler's List, these events truly are worth teaching. To think that certain schools would have the nerve to excuse the matter is absolutely disappointing. Bravo to you, Nancy, for portraying that point of view and doing it so well!" Shane Ryan, writer.
2. "Absolutely Outstanding!" Master Exec, iTunes.
"Flood of 1965" (REACHED HIGHEST RANKS IN ELEVEN COUNTRIES and featured in seven countries)
1. "I felt like I was a part of the story, good description." Laura Everly, Smashwords.
2. "Loved this. It was short but perfect. The author puts you with her family so well you feel a part of their story." Anonymous, April 10, 2014, Barnes and Noble.
3. "Very Good." Anonymous, Barnes and Noble.
Note from author: In December the Christmas short story "Visiting Mary" was chosen for publication by editors of four newspapers throughout Texas AND IS FEATURED EVERY YEAR, "The Bandera County Courier" in Bandera County, "The Leader" in Dallas, Texas," La Prensa San Antonio", and "El Hispano News," Dallas, Texas.
I am sole owner of these published stories and they are copyrighted at the U. S. Copyright Office, Washington, D.C. It is illegal for anyone to violate rights provided by the copyright law to the owner of copyright. Thank you.