The 5 Myths of Generation Y Exploded: How to Cut Through the Hype in 2015 and Understand this $10 Trillion Market
In this short guide, I'll explode each one of the biggest myths surrounding Generation Y Millennials (young people born around 1990). With each reality check, I'll give you a more informed overview of how they think, interact and respond to brand marketing. More
How to Engage the $10 Trillion Youth Market:
* Are you frustrated with your efforts to get youth interested in your marketing?
* Are you living in constant fear of the next technology or consumer trend that could radically change your marketing mix for Generation Y?
* Do you feel that great youth marketing can appear obscure or difficult to quantify? It can seem like a mystical art, performed by sorcerers, that works for other businesses but not yours?
There was a time you could engage youth by partnering with a good ad agency, getting your "big idea" airplay on MTV or creating some cool "experiential" campaign... but not anymore. The rules have changed.
The average American sees 170,000 marketing messages by her 17th birthday. She only pays attention to 5% of the information she is "aware of". Think about that. A whole generation of old-school marketers face being wiped out because they built their business on awareness.
Get This Short Guide:
In this short guide, I'll explode each one of the biggest myths surrounding Gen Y. With each reality check, I'll give you a more informed overview of how they think, interact and respond to brand marketing.
About Me, Graham Brown:
* Digital anthropologist, author and researcher with a background in psychology and social technology
* 15 Years writing and research at mobileYouth
* Client roster includes Microsoft, Vodafone, Nokia, Visa, UNICEF, Intel, Telenor, Amazon, Hewlett Packard, Dell, Google
* Former advisor to United Nations on youth technology programs
* Judge on Mobile Marketing Association's Award Panel
* Author of books "The Youth Marketing Handbook", "Youth Marketing 101", "Fans: from Liked to Loved", "Many to Many" and "All is Social"
* Over 10,000 connections on Linkedin
What Industry Colleagues Said About Me:
"When introduced to some mobile biz dev expert or fanciful global brand director, the first filter I apply is: 'oh, you must know my mate Graham?' There is no excuse to not know him, especially as he has long shared his insights, stories, pictures, and deep knowledge with one and all." - Edward O'Meara, SVP Wunderman Network
"We invited Graham to Finland to give a key note speech on youth marketing. He received excellent feedback from the audience as well as provided us with brilliant insights on youth marketing." - Mikko Ampuja, Youth Marketing Insights Finland
“He’s surely one of the most knowledgeable people that truly get the youth mindset, having worked in the youth space for over a decade” - Marc Kornberger, CEO Student Village
“You connect the dots all over the world and share it with others. It’s in the frontline, it’s integral to what’s happening.” - John Waraniak, SVP Technology, SEMA
“Worked with our team in a professional and methodical manner which we found valuable and inspiring.” - Daniele Roma, Segment Manager, Nokia Brasil
“Very helpful in the development of Vodafone’s approach to delivery of content in a responsible manner” - Caroline Dewing, Corp Comm Mgr Vodafone
What Readers Said About My Books:
“If you’re happy to continue paying for sex that leaves your brand empty on the inside, crying itself to sleep at night, don’t bother reading this book. However, if you want to build a brand with soul then buy this book before advertising agencies find a way to silence them forever” - Jamal Benmiloud VP Marketing, Monster Energy Drinks
“Graham Brown paints a remarkable series of stories that gets the reader right into the minds of young people.” - Marc Kornberger, CEO Student Village
“This book offers instant texture to anyone confused by THE core technology driver: MobileYouth.”- Edward O’Meara, SVP Wunderman Network and Global Marketing Director GSMA
“We had amazing success based on your Youth Marketing Handbook, so much so that it showed the ineffective results from a large agency approach” - Paul O’Shannessey, CEO & Founder Skinny Mobile
Available ebook formats: