The Writer's Guide to the eBook World
Why is Amazon not the only reason bookstores close? What is a fair price for your book? What is the real issue with eBook piracy? This eBook guide is full of questions new authors have. Happy reading---and writing! More
Welcome to The Writer's Guide to the eBook World! If you read my previous book, aimed at the general eBook customer, you know a little about some of the issues facing today's changing publishing marketplace. But if you are both customer and vendor—an author, as well as a reader—you may have some special concerns. If you publish your book on the Kindle store, is it at risk of being stolen or pirated? What is the best price for your book? What threats might you face from the growing proliferation of subscription library services?
I've been writing about eBooks for a blog called Teleread since 2007, and have logged several hundred stories covering all aspects of the eBook world.Now, I am sharing my collected wisdom with you. Here are some highlights of what you'll find within these virtual pages:
- Why Amazon is Not the Only Reason Bookstores Close
- How Bad is the eBook Error Problem?
- What is a Fair Price for an Indie Book?
- What is the Right Price for News?
- What Is the Real Issue with 'Piracy?'
- Does Anybody Care About Magazines?
- The 'Netflix-ization' of Books, and What That Means For Authors
- What Can We Learn From the Troubles of Martha Stewart?
- Dealing with the Coming Onslaught of Used Media
You have questions? I have answers, and they are just a screen away. Happy reading!
Available ebook formats: