Hot Apple Cider with Cinnamon: Stories of Finding Love in Unexpected Places
In a complicated, busy world, do you ever feel overwhelmed and insignificant? The heartfelt stories in this collection will take you to a quiet place and remind you that simple acts of love can make a lifetime of difference. More
You'll be amused, encouraged, and inspired to reflect on ways you’ve been shown love, and to consider how you might show more love in the future.
The men, women, and children in these stories experienced love in ways they’d never have thought of, from people they might not normally have noticed, and in surprising places:
• on the wrong side of the tracks in small-town Ontario
• beside a wood burning stove in the Central African Republic
• in the words of an old letter in a New Brunswick house
• next to a burned-out Saskatchewan farmhouse
• upon a deserted country road in British Columbia
• adjacent to a chopped-down jackfruit tree in the Philippines
• over a table in an empty Alberta restaurant
• at a bus stop in a Quebec city
• from the bombed-out ruins of a house in the Netherlands
We hope the stories in this book will encourage you to make a difference in the lives of the people around you by showing love toward them, even when you don't feel particularly loving.
“I love this collection of stories and poems told by great Canadians; stories of real people that transcend the ages. Many of these stories felt like they were a leaf from my own life book. You will find this reading hilarious, therapeutic and inspirational. A must-read for all book lovers.” —Randall W. Young, Manager, Artists Relationships, World Vision Canada
67 true stories, short fiction, and poems from 61 writers from across Canada.
Available ebook formats: