Baseball's Untold History: The World Series
Seamheads' Mike Lynch turns his keen eye for the amazing and unusual to baseball's biggest stage, the World Series. Read about the most unlikely heroes, the biggest flops, and everything in between, as you meet a surprising cast of characters whose remarkable performances, both good and bad, have been obscured by history. More
There is no bigger stage for baseball than the World Series, yet much of its richest history is obscured by the likes of Mazeroski, Gibson, Reggie, and the Yankees. Who better than Seamheads.com’s Michael Lynch to uncover and present some of the most fascinating, forgotten Classic feats and failures in the history of the Fall Classic?
Who were the least likely World Series heroes? The biggest MVP flops? How about an all-time Fall Classic 0-fer lineup, some members of which are sure to surprise you. Also read about
• The 16-game winner who couldn’t help his team win the World Series because he was in an insane asylum.
• The pitcher who lost a ground ball in the sun. Or did he?
• The worst performance by a pitching rotation in World Series history, and it’s not even close.
• The hurler who posted a sub-1.00 ERA but failed to record a win in two starts.
• The only player to be picked off twice in the same World Series game.
• The Hall of Famer who was arrested for scalping World Series tickets.
• The star hurler who belted the only home run of his professional career in his first ever Fall Classic at bat.
• The late-inning replacement and hero who was so high he almost misplayed an easy fly ball.
Michael Lynch is an award-winning baseball historian and author of three other baseball books. Baseball's Untold History: The World Series is the second of a 4-book "Untold History" series being published by Summer Game Books.
Available ebook formats: