When Medusa Went on Chatroulette
A collection of poems about nuclear physics, mathematics, time travel, robots, first contact and other nerd-geek topics.
This is poetry that will first make you smile and laugh and then make you think. More
A collection of poems about nuclear physics, mathematics, time travel, robots, first contact and many other topics which may be unsuitable for liberal arts majors.
This is poetry that will first make you smile and laugh and then make you think.
If you like XKCD, you will enjoy this collection.
Poems included in this collection:
- Internet Defender
- Everyone I Know in Devops
- When the Blood Bank Software Found a Vampire
- Soliloquy of an Excited Electron
- Everyone’s First Day at Work
- Adseiling Adventure
- Soliloquy of a Tourist
- Unmathoms from the Time Closet
- The Whale-Tempered Cleaver
- Contemporal Mission Field
- Proof by Contradiction
- Matters of Very Little Gravity
- And the Noise of Background Traffic
- On the Hazards of Driving too Fast
- Right of Way
- Apocalypse of a Love-Affair
- The Bamboo Court
- The Legal System in Hofstadter-land
- Come in #32, Your Time is Up
- And about Time, Too
- Why Chrono-Physics Is Not Taught at this University
- Are You a Sub-Atomic Entity?
- “To a Mathematician Lecturer’s Watch”
- Why I Won’t be Writing a Physics Text when I Grow Up
- The Suggestion Box in the Library Foyer
- Grandfather, Fermi and Newcomb
- Bad Maddie
- The Horror of Yesterday’s Lunch
- Giving the Durian its Due
- Rank and Fowl Behaviour
- Take Only as Directed
- Are You Sure?
- The Problem of Brain Semi-Transfusions
- Zen and The Art of Chip Maintenance
- Fourth Contact
- Dragon Relocation Services
- Almost a Good Poem
- Poem #404
- Against an Enemy, Not a Loved One?
- Child’s Love-Song
- Morning Song
- You Can’t Say What Your Children Did on Their Holidays
- How the General’s Army was Defeated by One Wise Captain
Available ebook formats: