Winning the Office Leasing Game: How to Search for Office Space and Negotiate Your Office Lease Like an Expert
It's well-known that landlords have the upper-hand in office lease negotiations. But did you know that most tenants leave money on the table by not using a few simple strategies. Winning the Office Leasing Game: How to Search for Office Space and Negotiate Your Office Lease Like an Expert shows you how to find the perfect office space and ensure you don't leave a dime on the negotiating table. More
It's a well-known fact that landlords have the upper-hand in office lease negotiations. But did you know that the majority of tenants leave money on the table by not taking advantage of a few simple strategies. Winning the Office Leasing Game: How to Search for Office Space and Negotiate Your Office Lease Like an Expert will show you the secrets to finding the perfect office space and ensure you don't leave a dime on the negotiating table.
This guide offers essential office leasing tips and strategies, including:
* Avoiding Lease Gotchas - our thorough lease review checklist will make sure your lease absolutely does NOT include common clauses that unfairly benefit the landlord - at your expense!
* Timely advice on how to negotiate the best rental rates and renewal options that work for you.
* Things to know in advance: sublease options, building classifications, the subtle differences between gross leases, full service, net leases that can cost you dearly.
* The ability to determine your company's exact office space needs - including how to calculate your ideal square footage and gain the most efficient layout - don't pay a penny extra for space you don't need!
* How to find your ideal office - including little-known tools the professionals use for finding unlisted office space.
* How to create and strategically distribute Requests for Proposal (RFPs)-start a bidding war between landlords that will get them aggressively competing for your business (this strategy alone can save your company many thousands of dollars in leasing costs)!
* Award-winning, pro-level tools that just plain work. - The Leasing Needs Assessment, Proposal Evaluation Matrix, plus many others, will make analyzing and managing your lease negotiation easier and simpler than ever before. These alone are worth their weight in gold!
Entering into a commercial lease can be one of the most critical decisions a business will make. While most businesses negotiate a lease once every three to five years, landlords an their representatives are involve in these types of transactions on a daily basis.
Winning the Office Leasing Game will arm you with the information you need to protect the best interests of your company.
Winning the Office Leasing Game will guide you through the process of:
* Determining the office space needs of your business
* Space planning and office design
* Preparing a request for proposal and evaluating proposals
* Negotiating the best possible lease terms
* Construction and tenant improvements
* Protecting your interests after the lease is signed