Available formats: epub, mobi, pdf, rtf, lrf, pdb, txt
Throughout each of our lives, stories continuously happen around us. Expressing them on paper thrills me, but presenting the book to you with grace and clarity is in itself another story. Authors share a great challenge of maintaining your attention, never an easy task, hence, my goal is to move your heart. Please take a minute to let us know your impression. Thank you so much.
From San Antonio, Texas and after decades of a successful career in real estate, I embarked on a new career, writing, which simmered for forty years until life's duties came to a halt. Most of the short novels, novellas, and short stories are inspired by true events and take place in Texas settings. I attempt to keep my writing style clear and direct, which can be enjoyed from the young to the old. In several books, I provide Texas facts with violent self defense battles and natural disasters as well as moving, emotional struggles then combine them with moral fortitude.
By curbing the reading time of the books to no longer than the length of a long movie, the intent is to spark interest in individuals who dislike reading. "Writing opens the window to our souls, yet reading opens the door. If I can inspire anyone to read, then I feel successful in my endeavor."
"Monster At My Window" (Novella)
"Night Invaders" sequel to Monster at My Window - release - 2014
"Moonshiner The Wolf" (Short Novel)
"The Rabbi's Books" (Novelette)
"Visiting Mary" (Short Story)
"Flood of 1965" (Novelette)
"Steven" (Short Story)
"Lucky" (Children's Short Story)
"La Visita A Maria" (Short story written in Spanish - releases February 2014)
~~~~ REVIEWS ~~~~
"Moonshiner The Wolf" (20 REVIEWS AVERAGE FOUR STARS and is featured in several countries)
1. "Very good story. Great main character, and others too. Well written, captivating, and exciting. Harsh reality mixed with ghostly spirits and unconditional, eternal love." B&N Anonymous, March 24, 2013
2. This book helps us to understand two things: One, life is about the realization that if you know something has to be done, be self-reliant and do it, which in turn creates a strong sense of worth. And two, for some of us it can be difficult to know others as deeply as we might like to, especially those we love the most. Be good to those you love so you can live with them after this life, forever and ever." Andrew Campbell
3. "Kudos! A heart-wrenching story that entices you to keep reading. It's well written and certainly appropriate for all ages. Loved reading it." Thomas Holden
4. "A moving story from beginning to end; one scene is a real tear-jerker." - Alpine Avalance, Alpine, Tx. Valerie P.
5. " 'Moonshiner The Wolf' tells the tale of a courageous West Texas ranch woman. She befriends a wolf that becomes her lifetime guardian. Don't miss out, read it!"-- Bandera County Courier Editor, Bandera, Tx. Carolyn Edwards.
"Monster at My Window" (RANKED 7 TIMES IN ITUNES USA and featured in eleven countries)
1. "A highly recommended thriller! Good battle scenes and good plot will hold your interest all the way through. Not one unneccesary or boring word the author does not force elements that disrupt the flow. The characters come to life and the setting fits like a glove. It begins with an up close casting of a young daughter who tells the truth and from there it unfolds into a unique storyline when friends face up to creatures that infiltrate a south Texas town. The end will leave you wanting more thrills, I guarantee it." David Martinelli
2. "Great Read! I thought this book would be all about monsters, but I got more out of it than just a monster story. This book reminds people that no matter how a child describes something, you should always listen and hear them! The way a child views something is not always the way we adults view them. Great book! To me, much more than a monster story." Wanda S.
3. "Different, but interesting." R.em
"Hannibal" (RANKED 1,156+ TIMES IN ITUNES U.K., CANADA, U.S.A., and AUSTRALIA and is featured in twenty-four countries)
1. The storyline in this short story produces no punches as the author describes her survival against an animal that was never taught love." Kristina Howells, France author
"Visiting Mary" (CHOSEN BY FOUR EDITORS IN TEXAS and has reached highest rankings in seven countries)
1. "This short story is charged with emotion and the imagery is fantastic as well --- keep writing." Heather Kitt
"The Rabbi's Books" (REACHED NUMBER 1 POSITION IN HUNGARY this year and is featured in eight countries)
1. "Excellent point of view. From the atrocities depicted in Elie Wiesel's "Night" to the haunting scene of Schindler's List, these events truly are worth teaching. To think that certain schools would have the nerve to excuse the matter is absolutely disappointing. Bravo to you, Nancy, for portraying that point of view and doing it so well!" Shane Ryan, writer
"Flood of 1965" (REACHED HIGHEST RANKS IN ELEVEN COUNTRIES and featured in seven countries)
1. "I felt like I was a part of the story, good description." Laura Everly
Note from author: In December the Christmas short story "Visiting Mary" was chosen for publication by editors of four newspapers throughout Texas, "The Bandera County Courier" in Bandera County, "The Leader" in Dallas, Texas," La Prensa San Antonio", and "El Hispano News," Dallas, Texas.
I am sole owner of these published stories and they are copyrighted at the U. S. Copyright Office, Washington, D.C. It is illegal for anyone to violate rights provided by the copyright law to the owner of copyright. Thank you.
on June 20, 2011 :
A great plot that could be close to truth.
(review of free book)
on June 19, 2011 :
I reveled in the mastery of this well written,tightly packed story that entices you to keep reading. This writer gets inside the mind of the beasts who perceive man as evil. A brave group of friends face up to them within their own habitat, but I won't spoil it for you by telling you why. M. Holland, retired nurse, Dallas, Texas
(review of free book)