The Independent Guide to London 2017 (Travel Guide)
Plan your visit to London with Independent Guidebooks. We cover all the attractions, dining and accommodation options in central London and beyond! Get tips to enhance your vacation, discover hidden gems and have a travel companion in your pocket with this guide. More
Written by a life-long Londoner, tour guide, travel writer and journalist, this brand travel guide from Independent Guidebooks is the perfect way to plan your visit to London - the most incredible city on earth.
* Our neighbourhood guides look at each area of London and the attractions, dining options and accommodation available. Useful at-a-glance information includes phone numbers, nearest underground stations, addresses, websites, prices and opening hours.
* Learn about how to get to London and all the connection options from the airports to the city centre, we also feature our guide to national and international rail services to London, as well as ferries and driving information.
* Once in London itself, our transport section gives you all the ins and outs of getting around, from the Underground system, to Oyster Cards, the buses, driving rules, the Congestion Charge and everything you could ever need to know.
* Our useful section on Londoners and their particular etiquettes and customs helps you blend in and not stand out as a tourist.
* Our Know Before you Go section covers important planning considerations including the weather, phone dialling codes, clothes sizes, plug sockets and more.
* Our fascinating history section retells some of the most important events over London's 2000-year history. From The Great Plague to the Industrial Revolution, London's past is as interesting as the city itself is today.
* The Seasonal Events chapter makes sure that you can make the most of what London has to offer, including the temporary events that may only last a few weeks or days of the year.
* Our Dining section gives you the best locations for afternoon tea, luxury dining, and hidden gems we think everyone should try.
* Dedicated chapters for Sports, Music and Theatre.
* And much, much more.
Independent Guidebooks are revised throughout the year so you always have the most recent version at the time of purchase. Buy this guidebook updated for 2017, not something that is 2 or 3 years out of date!
Available ebook formats: