Hi, I'm Ann Vertel.
I'm a motivational psychologist, 20-year Naval Officer, and a leadership speaker, trainer, facilitator, and consultant.
As a Naval Officer, I worked in some offbeat places doing some rather unusual things, with some very interesting leaders. And almost 90% of them were men.
Now, most of my clients are women who are ready to take charge of their life, their career, and everything in between.
You know the kind of woman I’m talking about:
- She salivates over good shoes and bags (who doesn’t?) but spends the money on her kids instead.
- She probably owns a Vitamix and a yoga mat but still feels guilty when she eats that leftover marshmallow bunny from her kid’s Easter basket she has hidden in her desk drawer.
(Not that I’ve ever done that!)
- She’s intelligent, educated, creative and romantic.
- She secretly loves to dance, probably belongs to a networking, book, or women’s club, vacations in both high-class resorts and RVs, although she’d cruise the Caribbean with her best friend in a heartbeat.
- She plays a little tennis or jogs just enough, gets her nails done, occasionally does girls night out, and volunteers at the school when she can.
So I write, speak, blog, train, coach, and do a weekly podcast because it just makes my heart sing to inspire and encourage you to live up to your highest potential.
It’s all about being extraordinary in the ordinary moments.
Whether you read my books or my blog, you can count on me for encouragement more than anything. And hope for a bigger, brighter, bolder future.
When I'm not working, I can usually be found walking a beach somewhere with a hot cup of hazelnut coffee at sunrise or an ice-cold beer at sunset.
You might also find me plotting world domination with my superhero gal-pals, traveling with my family, working out, or reading “just one more” psychology book.