Cribbage: A Strategy Guide for Beginners
For those who have never played a single hand of cribbage or for those who have some experience playing the game, "Cribbage: A Strategy Guide for Beginners" is a perfect first cribbage book to read. More
For those who have never played a single hand of cribbage or for those who have some experience playing the game, but who have limited knowledge of its strategic concepts, "Cribbage: A Strategy Guide for Beginners" is a perfect first cribbage book to read. This guide fully explains the rules of the game so that they can be understood by complete beginners. This guide also thoroughly discusses various cribbage concepts, from the most basic and easy-to-grasp tips to complex strategies that will improve the skills of many players, even those who have years of experience.
After reading this book, you will know how to:
- Deal a hand and play the pegging round.
- Count hands quickly and accurately.
- Use simple hand-selection strategies.
- Select the optimal hand based on its average net score after the cut.
- Select a good pegging hand.
- Determine when you should use a high-risk / high-reward hand-selection strategy.
- Manipulate the crib with your hand-selection decisions.
- Avoid costly pegging mistakes.
- Play a defensive pegging strategy.
- Set up counter-moves during the pegging round.
- Alter your pegging strategy when the count is high.
- Calculate the optimal pegging play for any given situation.
- Realize when it is correct to make a sub-optimal pegging play
- Read the opponent's hand and re-assess the optimal pegging play based on your read.
Available ebook formats: