Budget Travel, a Guide to Travelling on a Shoestring, Explore the World, a Discount Overseas Adventure Trip: Gap Year, Backpacking, Volunteer-Vacation & Overlander
A practical and concise guide to travelling the world and exploring new destinations with fascinating opportunities and experiences: Backpacking, working-vacation, gap year, humanitarian aid or an overland bus. Full of anecdotes, traveller’s advice, informative timelines and testimonies, with suggestions, ideas and need-to-know information. More
Budget Travel, A Guide to Travelling on a Shoestring is a practical and concise guide to travelling the world and exploring new destinations with fascinating opportunities and experiences. Full of anecdotes, traveller’s advice, informative timelines and testimonies, with suggestions, guidance, ideas and need-to-know information to help you survive and thrive on your budget travels and have the adventure of a lifetime! Whether you go solo, join with friends, participate in humanitarian work, join an overland bus trip or take your own vehicle, this book is for you.
Split into 8 sections with 42 chapters: 1. Where to travel, with whom and preparation. 2. Safety, medical, health, survival and extreme travel. 3. Budgeting, money, what to buy and pack (kit-list). 4. Plane ticket, visa, airport and accommodation. 5. Hygiene, scams, settling in, language and law. 6. Food, journal, culture, oppression & photography. 7. Public transport, your own vehicle, renting, overland bus and researching an organization. 8. Aid work, volunteer-vacation, advice for leaders, a working team, can you help me (money) and returning home. Including:
• Why travel, options, ideas, opportunities and experiences.
• The style of your trip, what to do, when to go and the cost.
• Gap year safety, medical and health related issues and remote travel.
• How to travel with money, cash, ATMs, haggling and remunerations.
• Your rucksack/backpack, what you need to take and leave behind.
• The plane ticket, review sites, applying for a visa and airport etiquette.
• Finding a place to stay, reservations and accommodation checks.
• Personal hygiene, scams, settling in and a foreign language.
• Be smart, shrewd and safe, the laws of the land and social media.
• Food & drink, keeping a journal, culture, writing and photography.
• Buses, trains, taxis, motorbikes, overlanders and vehicle maintenance.
• Overland bus trip and researching an organization.
• Humanitarian and development aid and leading a volunteer-vacation.
• A working-vacation, advice for leaders and a working team.
• Can you help me and the end of the journey.
As a world traveller, Mathew Backholer has visited more than forty countries and has travelled the length of Africa, from Cairo to the Cape, across South-East Asia from India to Vietnam and from Nepal to Russia via China and Mongolia and has survived the Trans-Siberian Railway. He has driven around Europe, visited North Africa six times, and has journeyed alone, with friends, as part of team and as a leader. He is the co-founder of ByFaith Media (www.ByFaith.org) and films and presents the reality mission travel series ByFaith TV which airs globally on numerous networks. He is the author of many books, including: How to Plan, Prepare and Successfully Complete Your Short-Term Mission and Extreme Faith.
Available ebook formats: