Available ebook formats: epub mobi pdf lrf pdb txt html
Wendy Beach lives in Perth, Western Australia. She studied writing at Edith Cowan University. Several of her short stories are published in the Green Egg and the Dark Eclipse Magazine. Her poetry has been published in The Westerly, Creatrix and the Uneven Floor. Her works have won and placed in the Talus Prize (2014, 2015, 2016) and she was shortlisted in the William Todhunter Literary Award. She has also co-authored the published children's book, 'The Belmonsters' (2016). In her spare time, Wendy tends her organic vegetable patch and assorted fruit trees. She also enjoys painting impressionist landscapes and attending poetry events.
- Sea Widow's Sonnet published in the Creatrix Anthology 2 (paperback)
- How to be a poet (poem) published in Creatrix #38 I.M. of Caroline Sambridge.
- Three untitled ekphrastic poems published in the Creative Connections Anthology 2017 (paperback)
- Two poems, Pedestal and The Peacock, published in Creatrix #37
- Designed the poster for WAPI's Poetry on a Plate event
- Women of disharmony (poem) published online at The Uneven Floor
- Featured poet at the Perth Poetry Club
- Featured poet at the Vic Park Arts Centre, Sonnet no Soup event
- Organised funding and assisted with WAPI's Vic Park Slam (funding, poster design, photography and blogging)
- Organised the Poets in Harmony event, Harmony Day with WAPI and the City of Belmont (photography, blogging, stall running)
- Sonnet For A Native Girl, 1974, published in the WA Shakespeare Club Anthology as part of the Shakespeare 400 global event.
- Sea Widow's Sonnet published in the Creatrix Poetry & Haiku Journal #35
- Sea Widow's Sonnet displayed as a poster in building 5 at Edith Cowan University and reproduced in the Writing section of the Graduate Show catalogue.
- The Adventures of the Belmonsters, a Community Children's Book (Co-operative authorship) focusing on Belmont History and Monsters published in November (Softcover)
- Became the Submissions Manager for the Creatrix Poetry & Haiku Journal, Committee Member for WA Poets Inc. in September
- Sea Widow's Sonnet Highly Commended (second place) in the Talus Literary Prize in October
- Lessons in Enjambment published The Westerly Literary Magazine (online New Creative Edition)
- The Witch Who Ate Autumn, novel completed (in editing process)
- Pelican Smile has been picked up by Barnes and Noble online in eBook format.
- An Alien in an Alien Land has been picked up by Collins Booksellers (Australia) in eBook format
- Completed the novel;The Night Jasmine (unpublished; Commended in the T.A.G. Hungerford Award, 2016)
- Sonnet For A Native Girl, 1974, Commended in the ECU Talus Prize for the Poem
- Lessons in Enjambment (poem) showcased at the ECU graduation ceremony
- An Alien in an Alien Land (short story - horror) published in issue 35 of Dark Eclipse eZine
- Pelican Smile (short story) published on Smashwords and is translated into Russian
- The Visitor, Winner of the ECU Talus Prize for best short story (literary)
- The Visitor (short story) is translated into Russian
- Brushstrokes (long, Australian story), Shortlisted in the William Todhunter Literary Award
- Suggested to the Ruth Faulkner Library to open a community writing group - established in 2015 (current)