Available ebook formats: epub pdf lrf pdb html
Donna M. Altman is a born again Christian. She is proud of the life she now lives. It is peaceful and full of happiness when before she felt nothing but pain. Donna doesn't mind telling all she was a sinner and was about at the end of her rope when God reached down on her life and saved her soul from eternal damnation. The devil had her in his grasp, but God reached down in the pits of hell and pulled her out. It was a revelation and one she knows was nothing more than the hand of God. Donna praises God for the love and mercy He gave her when she didn't deserve anything.
When asked why she feels the need to honor God with her writing, she simply replied, "My writing is a gift from God, one that I abused for years. I owe a great debt to God who gave me peace and love, when nothing else could save me." She then quoted the scripture Luke 12:42-59 and said, "This is why."
(42) And the Lord replied, “A faithful, sensible servant is one to whom the master can give the responsibility of managing his other household servants and feeding them. (43) If the master returns and finds that the servant has done a good job, there will be a reward. (44) I tell you the truth, the master will put that servant in charge of all he owns. (45) But what if the servant thinks, ‘My master won’t be back for a while,’ and he begins beating the other servants, partying, and getting drunk? (46) The master will return unannounced and unexpected, and he will cut the servant in pieces and banish him with the unfaithful.
(47) “And a servant who knows what the master wants, but isn’t prepared and doesn’t carry out those instructions, will be severely punished. (48) But someone who does not know, and then does something wrong, will be punished only lightly. When someone has been given much, much will be required in return; and when someone has been entrusted with much, even more will be required.
(49) “I have come to set the world on fire, and I wish it were already burning! (50) I have a terrible baptism of suffering ahead of me, and I am under a heavy burden until it is accomplished. (51) Do you think I have come to bring peace to the earth? No, I have come to divide people against each other! (52) From now on families will be split apart, three in favor of me, and two against—or two in favor and three against.
(53) ‘Father will be divided against son
and son against father;
mother against daughter
and daughter against mother;
and mother-in-law against daughter-in-law
and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”
(54) Then Jesus turned to the crowd and said, “When you see clouds beginning to form in the west, you say, ‘Here comes a shower.’ And you are right. (55) When the south wind blows, you say, ‘Today will be a scorcher.’ And it is. (56) You fools! You know how to interpret the weather signs of the earth and sky, but you don’t know how to interpret the present times.
(57) “Why can’t you decide for yourselves what is right? (58) When you are on the way to court with your accuser, try to settle the matter before you get there. Otherwise, your accuser may drag you before the judge, who will hand you over to an officer, who will throw you into prison. (59) And if that happens, you won’t be free again until you have paid the very last penny.” (NLT)