Justify This 2006 - 2007 (Diabetes, Discrimination, Disability, Ableism, Disablism)
Rated 4.00/5 based
on 1 reviews
If a multinational employer fired you for having diabetes because you would be off sick a lot in the future, what would you do? This is a true story of discrimination in the workplace, a modern day David and Goliath with many twists along the way. More
If a multinational employer fired you for having diabetes because you would be off sick a lot in the future, what would you do? This is a true story of discrimination in the workplace, one ordinary person against a multinational employer, multinational legal firm, barrister, appeal courts, countries and international courts, in the form of a diary including emails, correspondence, and judgments. A modern day David and Goliath with many twists along the way.
Open the book and discover topics such as:
• disability (diabetic, diabetes) discrimination, disablism and ableism.
• diabetes type 1 and diabetes type 2.
• dismiss diabetes type one or two.
• direct and indirect discrimination.
• stereotypical assumption.
• insulin, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and hba1c.
• unfair dismissal.
• workplace layoff.
• firing, fired and redundancy.
• employment law.
• human right campaign.
Aimed at the following audiences:
• Anyone who suffers from diabetes.
• Anyone who suffers from a disability.
• Anyone who could suffer from any form of discrimination.
• Anyone who enjoys true stories.
• Anyone who enjoys true crime and inspecting evidence (on Nostaple website).
What would you have done in the same situation?
Additional topics/tags throughout this series include: diabetic, diabetes, disability, discrimination, disablism, ableism, employment, redundancy, layoff, fired, legal, law, unfair, workplace, dismiss, type, 1, 2, one, two, i, ii, firing, exploit, unfairness, corrupt, intolerance, outrage, unequal, above the law, justice, injustice, bigotry, hypoglycemia, hyperglycemia, law and order, discriminate, enterprise, work, business, corporation, civil, right, hba1c, claim, court, trial, crime, ketoacidosis, termination, grievance, sack, human, campaign.